1/18th Scale Offroad Racing in Canada - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
brettness37

Total Props: 0
1/18th Scale Offroad Racing in Canada

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey All

I'm new to the hobby, wondering what the scene in Canada is like for 1/18th scale off road. I've been following a bunch of sites in the UK where it seems there is a huge following for this class. Who races in this scale, and what are you racing (kit, hop ups ect.), and where (location, indoor/outdoor, dirt/carpet)?

thanks
Brett
brettness37 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Sids Raceway
RCC Contributor

I am: Dino & Crew
# of RCs: 6

The RC18 (truck & buggy) and Vendetta (truck & buggy) seem to be the most popular.

There will be an off-road 18th scale class at the The Canadian Hobby Show Off Road Championships at the Toronto Hobby Show Nov 2,3,4, 2007. More info here

There will be more 18th scale racing at Sid's in 2008 with a new and exciting layout. www.sidsraceway.com

Niagara Indoor carpet racing on Sundays.

FastCats is running indoor off-road very soon as well. Check their web site for more details they may include an 18th scale class.
Sids Raceway is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 AM   #3
brettness37

Cool, thanks! Do you guys allow the Mini Inferno or Tamiya 1/16 scale stuff compete in these classes as well? And does anyone closer to the Rockies race/host?
brettness37 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
Pipeous
RCC Pro Contributor

We are running the associated 18R's. yes they are more on road, but we put obstacles and such on the track to make it fun. We setup outside my detail shop in Surrey. It's a mix of guys as some run their mini t's or 18t's etc.

we haven't started timing systems, but I was talking to Grant (G on the RC Pitstop forum) about the indoor track they are setting up this winter and they are running 18th scale, mind you strictly on road and very fast style tracks. Grant has a timing system and we live close to one another.

as far as a dirt track, we are looking at a location close to my shop, but the weather sucks right now. I had started a track under the Patulla bridge last year, but the support wasn't there (and the rc18t really needs gear covers to run in dirt, I hate the noisy gears from pebbles and sand grains )

if the building inspection stuff tanks on me (the whole office and mez were built without permits and I know the stairs aren't up to code allready), we are going to rip the office and mezzanine out, and if that happens, I will have a huge area to setup an indoor track and we will be setting up Friday after the doors close and tearing it down Sunday nights
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in