watch for bmx kids - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
canadiannascar
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Best bet is probally try to rationally talk to the kids.
Maybe see if they can get into R\C's
It would be too expensive to fence it.

I guess just do drive bys when your in the area.
Wish I could help more, maybe we can do some work on it Sat, before we race.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
Croozer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto
I'm not sure if the signs will work if nobody is around to enforce.Maybe a chainlink fence with wire along the top to keep them from crawling over.
A fence would be great, but it is borrowed land, and a fence is expensive.
Great idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiannascar
maybe we can do some work on it Sat, before we race.
It needs it.
Croozer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #13
imported_johnbob
RCC Junior Contributor

You should have given those guys a beat down Derek.lol
I pity the Bmxers if Phil and Rob catch them, they've busted their backs building the jumps.

I guess we shouldn't leave any rakes or shovels up there anymore.

Maybe Toromont will keep their eye open for us, if we ask them?

John
imported_johnbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #14
Croozer
RCC Senior Contributor

I woulda done a little pushing around, but what kinda example would I have been to my daughter. I already was not that good .. cussin the kids out infront of her.

I hope Phil and Rob Do get thier hands on em.

I have only worked a little compared to you guys on the track... and I was not only pissed, but left with a "well chit" feeling.

I mean not much that I myself can do.
Woulda been great if 4 or 5 of us all rolled in at the same time, gave em a real good talking to. I use the word talking very loose.

Phil, Rob and Scott.. now them kids woulda ran instead of mouthed off to me.

I'll be up as often as I can to try and fix the track .. and just have someone thier. Watching over it.

My daughter is away at her moms for a month soon. I can and plan on spending a great deal of time up thier. Just running.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 AM   #15
imported_johnbob
RCC Junior Contributor

I was just kidding about the beat down part Croozer. The last thing we need is for Toromont to kick us out because someone gets violent.

Some teenagers, being rebellious, may not pay much attention to signage or verbal warnings. Hopefully they just get bored of our track and go elsewhere.

A plan was discussed in the spring, for lockable barriers on some of the jumps. This would basically close the track, unless a member is present. If the bmxers keep showing up maybe we should revisit the plans.

john
imported_johnbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #16
speed_racer
RCC Junior Contributor

track

I am pissed.... But more than that i am let down...I can see kids riding the track,but when you go and dig it up and brake tools... I am all most ready to pack it in on this peter brough club.Know one whonts to do a thing.We started so strong but what do we have naw? The last points race was a joke. Maybe we should have a set amount of time members have to work on track or pick trash and what ever ? I put alot of work up there and its nice to see people having fun, but i think some people in the club need to check them selfs and come out and work.. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO JOINED THE CLUB ... no one made you. SO come out saterday and lets make this thing great again....
speed_racer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
Crafty
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbob
...A plan was discussed in the spring, for lockable barriers on some of the jumps. This would basically close the track, unless a member is present. If the bmxers keep showing up maybe we should revisit the plans.

john
I was planning on calling a meeting very soon anyways to talk about the next trophy race but now we will have that on our agenda too. The only unfortunate part it the club doesn't have much funds at the moment because of the Lap Counting System payments. After the end of July payment we will have much more financial freedom to do things.

Crafty
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #18
daiwa
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan

idea

Just an idea,

But maybe the next time someone catches the kids on the track, instead of approaching them, pul a U'ie and call the Po Po's. Tell them the kids are trespassing on private Property and are casuing damage.

I have always found the police influece people quite well I would be willing to bet that it will only take one visit from the police to keep them off the track.

Nate
Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #19
Crafty
RCC Pro Contributor

Sounds good to me...

Here is the phone number for the Peterborough Police: 876-1122

Crafty
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #20
Croozer
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer
I am pissed.... But more than that i am let down...I can see kids riding the track,but when you go and dig it up and brake tools... I am all most ready to pack it in on this peter brough club.Know one whonts to do a thing.We started so strong but what do we have naw? The last points race was a joke. Maybe we should have a set amount of time members have to work on track or pick trash and what ever ? I put alot of work up there and its nice to see people having fun, but i think some people in the club need to check them selfs and come out and work.. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO JOINED THE CLUB ... no one made you. SO come out saterday and lets make this thing great again....
I'll be thier on SAT. I have not been the hardest worker keeping the track in good condition, that I know. But I have helped .. you know that Phil.
The last points race... I agree it was a farce.
I have a issue that needs to be dealt with. Hopfully it gets resolved. If not, I don't know.
I have had a wealth of support and help from most of the members. So for me to just pack it up and walk...... not a option. But to be left in the position I am right now.... well it just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty
I was planning on calling a meeting very soon anyways to talk about the next trophy race but now we will have that on our agenda too. The only unfortunate part it the club doesn't have much funds at the moment because of the Lap Counting System payments. After the end of July payment we will have much more financial freedom to do things.

Crafty
How do I approche the commitee with what I know is a error in regards to the posted results of the last points race?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in