Radio opinions. . .RD6-8000, 7Cap? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
browndog2u

Total Props: 0
Radio opinions. . .RD6-8000, 7Cap?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can anyone offer their opinions about these radios? I'm getting back into planes for sure and possibly back to helis. Thinking about the RD 6000 or the RD8000 or the 7Cap. The airtronics are cheaper and sound like the better deal, can anyone offer anything?
browndog2u is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55
I have had 2 RD 6000s and am currently using an RD 8000. All have been trouble free. I have no experience with the 7CAP though I understand it is also a good radio. I am sure you will be happy with any of the three.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
browndog2u

I guess my question really is. . . .will I be limited from doing anything with any of these and is there anything anyone doesn't like about any of these.
browndog2u is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
brad-a
RCC Junior Contributor

I don,t know anything about airtronics but here is a link to the review on the 7c

http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4405
brad-a is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
I think if your serious about getting back into it, and want to do more involved mixing, I would consider skipping the the 7ch and go to a 9. I don't know Airtronics, but have a 9C that I love and is very easy to program. You can get some great deals on just the TX off RCU, assuming you don't need the servos and rx. JR also makes a great 9ch the 9303 but will cost you a bit more.

Good Luck with your decision.
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by browndog2u
I guess my question really is. . . .will I be limited from doing anything with any of these
Yes, of course you will be limited in what you can do unless you buy top-of-the-line.

I had a couple of radios 15 years ago, and when I came back to the hobby I knew what would fill my needs. The only question was which manufacturer. I bought a 7CAP because my friends flew Futaba, and I wanted to attach my radio to theirs, and have some assistance with my equipment.

As it turns out, 7CAP went up $80 in the last year, and I do miss a few of the features available in 9C or 9Z like direct servo connection (DSC).

Oh well, I like my radio.

What I dislike about Futaba is that each time they come out with a new radio series, the programming changes so drastically.

See what the people who YOU will be flying with have, and consider something compatible.

I did also get a Futaba 6XA transmitter to use as a buddy box, then started buying receivers at swap meets. I prefer Hitec servos, especially the HS81MG for combat flying, you can stuff that one in the ground and it still works.

I'm waiting for the Berg/Castle Creations four channel receivers to become available.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by browndog2u
I guess my question really is. . . .will I be limited from doing anything with any of these and is there anything anyone doesn't like about any of these.
When flying 1/3 scale IMAC planes to 40 size planes down to indoor stuff the only thing I have missed on the RD 8000 so far is dual rates and expo on rudder but I don't believe any other radio in this class has it either. It is really up to you to decide what you are looking for. The programming on the RDs is very intuitive and offers all the flexibility 90% of us will ever need. The Futabe and JR 9 channel sets offer more flexibility and are great radios but you will need to cough up more $$$.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in