DLA Engines - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #21
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: DLA Engines

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm not sure what type of pull you want the engine to have on a Decathelon.
Here are some recent #'s.
Last weekend the DLE30 was spinning a Xoar 20x6 7350. Tons of power and verticle pull, although it wasn't a fast prop.
Yesterday I tried the Mej 19x8 Carbon prop. For my SBach, I think I like this prop better than the Xoar 19x8 and Xoar 20x6. In all fairness I haven't tried a Xoar 19x8 since the first couple of flights. So I would have to put one back on and try it again since the motor is starting to run stronger now. I sold the prop to a guy who needed one in a hurry. So I have to get another sometime to try again.
The Mej was spinning at 7490, consistently. I couldn't get it to break 7500. Maybe the next 1/2 gallon will get it there. It only has half a gallon through it now.

Now yesterday with the Mej 19x8, The plane was pulling stronger in my opinion.
The plane flew faster at lower throttle setting, and had more get up and go when I opened it up. It made the 20x6 feel like I was driving around in first gear all the time.
A few things that made me like the Mej better were:
It was more quite than the 2 Xoars I had run previously.
I put the plane in a hover and then punched it. It started climbing and accelerating sweet.... My SBach is 12 and half pounds and the 30 is pulling it like that on half a gallon ???? Can't wait to go through the second half.
Unfortunately at 6ozs of fuel per 12 minutes running and flying.....Its going to take weeks
Lastly, this is an important one......

Its sexy as as h#*! with the red and black colour scheme with carbon landing gear.

I'm not sure what weight the Decathelon will come in at. But if you don't fill it with rocks, The DLE30 should pull it very well. Won't be a hover machine, but it should fly it really well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc300xs View Post
Ground clearance is no problem at all. In fact it's near perfect as far as a scale look. I hadn't really noticed how odd the 18x10 looked until I put the 20x6 on and went "wow that looks so much better"

Exact measurements are 6 5/8 inches with the tail down. 4 1/8 inches with the tail up and the plane level.

Oh I almost forgot to mention I'm using 4.5 inch dubro inflatable tires with a small amount of negative pressure in them. So they're probably about like 4.25 inch wheels as they sag a bit.
Can you post some pics of your scheme ansd setup?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Jim, if you are interested in an rcgf 32cc gasser (rear intake reed valve, side exhaust) I have one I just finished reviewing you could have cheap. Flew several flights on a 15 pound giant scale stinger arf (all I had for flight testing) even though it was too large a plane it flew very respectably with a 20x6 apc.

Pm or email for details.

Ajc
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #24
rc300xs
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Scaleguy..

This picture is with the Xoar 20X6

Here is a picture showing the clearance with the tail down.

This next picture is with the tail up and plane level.

I included a picture farther away to give you an over all feel as to how it looks.

I included a couple pictures of my landing gear fix as I'm sure I will get questions about it. They are eye bolts along with heavy duty throttle return springs. I think the springs are used for GM trucks with electronic throttle position sensors. The spring simply gives the throttle pedal a comfortable feel as we are used to with the old throttle cable setup.

rc300xs is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in