What Next: Rubber? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #11

Total Props: 57
Re: What Next: Rubber?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i bought a aircore 40 for my daughter .its a kit form from greathobbies. it came with a vid and very good instructions. although a lil heavy a 46 was flyin it nicely. it is also a coroplast plane. awesome lil trainer for sure stand on the wing and it dont even dent or break i couldnt believe it when i did and let my dad (280lbs ) stand on it.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Quote: do I really want to waste my time on a cop-out; or do I want to learn how to build a quality airplane. I think I'll go for the dedicated effort, even if it means learning to fly later.

Please, You can keep your SPAD, and enjoy flying it. I'm into airplanes., and into building!!

I like effort; I like precision.
:Un-Quote!

Well, I guess words like that really puts SPADS into a lowly/humble catigory of their own!

Are SPADS not airplanes and are they not designed and built by someone? Does it take NO effort to design, cut out materials and assemble/build a SPAD with NO precision involved in either the building or design?

I am mostly into building my own scale aircraft, some from kits, some even scratch built ( Along with a scale ARF or two ) and I fly IMAC scale aerobatics which is the closest thing to the real thing possible in RC modeling! So I think I know what precision and building is all about!

Yet I have very much enjoyed designing and flying my own SPADS. Go out to a field sometime and watch 5 or 6 guys together flying their SPADS in a combat shootout and then say there is NO precision. Some of these combat planes are very intricate in all of design, building and flying. Gee, they even look and fly like real airplanes.

Everyone has their own way of enjoying this hobby and thats what its all about, having fun with whatever aspect you into and believe me, SPADDERS have just as much or even more fun than a lot of us and they do it a heck of a lot cheeper than most of us. More power to them!

Oh well, to each his own, and good luck with which ever way you decide to go!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Last edited by Gary Maker; 05-03-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #13
Leslie
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Leslie S

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRO_HAWK View Post
i bought a aircore 40 for my daughter .its a kit form from greathobbies. it came with a vid and very good instructions. although a lil heavy a 46 was flyin it nicely. it is also a coroplast plane. awesome lil trainer for sure stand on the wing and it dont even dent or break i couldnt believe it when i did and let my dad (280lbs ) stand on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post
Quote: do I really want to waste my time on a cop-out; or do I want to learn how to build a quality airplane. I think I'll go for the dedicated effort, even if it means learning to fly later.

Please, You can keep your SPAD, and enjoy flying it. I'm into airplanes., and into building!!

I like effort; I like precision.
:Un-Quote!

Well, I guess words like that really puts SPADS into a lowly/humble catigory of their own!

Are SPADS not airplanes and are they not designed and built by someone? Does it take NO effort to design, cut out materials and assemble/build a SPAD with NO precision involved in either the building or design?

I am mostly into building my own scale aircraft, some from kits, some even scratch built ( Along with a scale ARF or two ) and I fly IMAC scale aerobatics which is the closest thing to the real thing possible in RC modeling! So I think I know what precision and building is all about!

Yet I have very much enjoyed designing and flying my own SPADS. Go out to a field sometime and watch 5 or 6 guys together flying their SPADS in a combat shootout and then say there is NO precision. Some of these combat planes are very intricate in all of design, building and flying. Gee, they even look and fly like real airplanes.

Everyone has their own way of enjoying this hobby and thats what its all about, having fun with whatever aspect you into and believe me, SPADDERS have just as much or even more fun than a lot of us and they do it a heck of a lot cheeper than most of us. More power to them!

Oh well, to each his own, and good luck with which ever way you decide to go!
I'm so sorry! I never mean't to offend anyone. Especially the groutchy ones. You have your hobby, and I have mine. I will not bug you about yours.

I mean to build an airplane Gary. I'm going to learn. I'm going to do it without your permission. And it will fly; hopefully.

Sorry I offended you.

Leslie
Leslie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie
Especially the groutchy ones
Just can't help yourself, can you.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #15
benjhind
RCC Supreme Contributor

I love the internet. *prod, prod*

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
mtnflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager_663rd View Post
Just can't help yourself, can you.
Hi! My name is Guy!!

Leslie is one of the most vurtuos . Sorry, my spelling is bad.

I'm not afraid, I'm not stupid, I'm a pure fighter, I am redneck, and I am Canadian. What is your problem???

I love nasty people, so I'll probably like you! If you want to touch on me, do it to my face, I have lived that way.

Leslie is the most virtuous person I know on this earth. Please do not denounce her ability to learn ,

She is the one person in this world, that I'll throw my own body in front of.

Be nice; give her good advice, and please, do not underestimate her.

Guy

PS : I'll bet I'm going to get laid tonight!!

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Leslie
RCC Junior Contributor

PS : I'll bet I'm going to get laid tonight!![/QUOTE]

I lost the bet!!! Guess I' ll have to continue building airplanes

Gut
Old 05-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
TLyttle
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Terry L

Total Props: 7

So, is it adventure, or challenge you are into, Leslie? If it is challenge, they I repeat what I said about rubber-powered models. Regardless to protestations to the contrary, rubber power is the biggest challenge in the hobby.

I used to carry a Peanut-scale kit in my flight box; every time a person would come up to me an ask when I was going to get into Real Models (r/c, or 1/4 scale), I would hand him (usually, women aren't that arrogant) the kit and say, "Well, if it is so easy, I will make you a deal. Build this and get it to fly for 30sec, and it's yours. If you can't, you owe me the price of the kit. Go ahead, I dare you." Usually, I would get excuses to not even try: too busy, getting my feet bleached, or something.

Those who took the kit would (eventually) come back. Some would start the kit, but be frustrated and pay for it. Some would actually build it, but not get it to fly AT ALL. Some would build the kit, get it to fly, and become members of our group.

There is no end to the challenge. Want to go big? There are some rubber-powered models into the 8' span area. Multis? There are plans for them out there as well. The real challenge is the Pistachio class: 8" wing span max.

Have a look, Leslie, you may be pleasantly surprised...
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
Leslie
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
So, is it adventure, or challenge you are into, Leslie? If it is challenge, they I repeat what I said about rubber-powered models. Regardless to protestations to the contrary, rubber power is the biggest challenge in the hobby.
And so it goes! I'm going to try and build this small airplane, for a number of reasons.

It is stick and tissue; so, it will teach me how to build with stick balsa, instead of full sheets, as was the case in my C/L Cap. I'll try to keep everything straight as an arrow.

I believe, it will also teach me covering, dopeing, and finishing built-up balsa structures. Which, to me, sounds like a pile of fun.

Again, I'm not really concerned if it fly's at this point. I have greater interest in doing a good job, making an acceptable effort, and learning as much as I can about this hobby. This will get me closer to building larger R/C projects.

I'm not so sure, if I'll make it a build thread. However, I'll certainly ask you questions to help me along, and I'll post photos of the finished product. Also, any problems I might encounter will be noted on that post, for the benefit of any persons who may find interest in what I'm doing.

Mr. TLyttle, and a everyone else who has helped me in the past; wether your input was intended to be constructive, or pure criticism, a great big Thankyou!!

Leslie....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
TLyttle
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Terry L

Total Props: 7

GOOD FOR YOU! I finished one of those awhile back, haven't had the chance to fly it yet, but it is a great place for you to start. I really like your attitude towards this project.

I'm probably around the same age as your mentor, yet I still get a boot out of converting a box of sticks into a flying machine 60 years+ later.

And most certainly don't hesitate if you run into a snag to ask: the dumbest question is the one you don't ask.

Best of luck, Leslie

T. Lyttle MAAC 6090L
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in