B-25J MITCHELL Bomber - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
B-25J MITCHELL Bomber

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Yesterday,

I order the Hangar9 B-25J MITCHELL ARF from my buddy hobbyshop here in my area. I should have the kit ARF by friday afternoon if all goes well.

(This fully scale built project will be powered by 2 electric powerplant motors that I have not choose the (type model brand & size) yet.

Some history here about that light weight bomber
and all her 50mm caliber machines gun's for to be use on CAS on enemy fields
and beach's.

The B-25J Mitchell is,
the best known and most important medium bomber of WWII and was also effective as an attack aircraft in low level strafing attacks—using large numbers of machine guns to obliterate targets on land and the surface of the sea. Although it was operated mainly by the U.S. Army Air Corps, it was also flown by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Thanks to its durability and dependability, the B-25 flew in all climates, against all enemies and in virtually every theatre of WWII.

Characterized by its mid-mounted gull wings with engine nacelles beneath, oval fuselage cross section, twin vertical tails, tricycle landing gear, and greenhouse-style canopy, the B-25 Mitchell is the most widely used and recognized medium bomber of the era.

The B-25 Mitchell is most famously known for its use in Lieutenant Colonel James “Jimmy” Doolittle’s daylight raid on Tokyo on April 18, 1942. “Jimmy” Doolittle led the attack of 16 B-25s from the aircraft carrier USS Hornet CV-8 to strike the Japanese homeland for the first time in WWII. This daring mission boosted American morale, and to this day, is considered a major turning point of the war. Hangar 9’s stunning replica is based on the B-25J Mitchell; there are an incredible 700+ variants of the B-25J model including Hangar 9’s incredibly accurate “Mitch the Witch II” scheme. The full-scale “Mitch the Witch II” is housed at the Palm Springs Air Museum in Palm Springs, California. The model is still considered airworthy. Interestingly, the model was flown as the “Ruptured Duck” in the 2000 Hollywoood release of the popular WWII movie Pearl Harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqU_...ext=1&index=26

The B-25J Mitchell ARF is Hangar 9’s first twin-engine warbird. The scale detail on “Mitch the Witch II” is accurate enough to make you believe you’re really engaged in aerial combat—from the engine nacelles to the radiator scoops and the gun turrets to the included .50-caliber gun packs—all just ready to be installed. The functioning flaps facilitate takeoffs and landings and you have the option of adding retractable landing gear. This almost-ready-to-fly plane is lightly loaded, giving it the gentle flight characteristics typical of all Hangar 9 warbirds. Its performance is true-to-scale—with in-flight looks and characteristics comparable to its large-scale counterpart.

Product Specifications
Wingspan: 80.7 in (2050mm)
Overall Length: 63.0 in (1600mm)
Wing Area: 851 sq in (54.9 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 13.5–15.5 lb (6.1 kg–7.0 kg) (electric power plant)

Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: B-25J MITCHELL Bomber

Great Stuff!!!

I love twin projects.

Keep us posted on your build progress.

I am considering an electric twin conversion for my TF DC-3

I presently have ony 1 other electric twin, a P-38.

There is another person building a large twin project that seems quite knowledgeable, I am following his thread to see how he makes out with his power arrangement:
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=107260

Thanks!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #3

Thanks MAX !!!

There is so many color schemes squad unit this B-25 can provide us scaler's.
700 differents color schemes are on the menu to be choose later to re-color scheme this B-25J. Probably this next winter 2010-11.

Cool stuff on your P38 Bud!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #4

Good NEWS!

The B-25J MITCHEll as arrived friday and waiting for me at the hobbyshop.
Will most likely be passing by on monday to get it.

Will keep you posted buddies ...

This week did upload for my RealFlight SIM the B-25J Mitchell and been having
great time with is flying ways. Just a dream to handle and very gentel on the
approach and landing. The nices way to land this B-25J is to get flap down to
a 15 or 20 degrees angle and your in for a smooth approach ride. The short landing are so cool and the same for short T/O.

At lease it gave me a good idea how it handle as flying goes.

Monday,Monday,Monday !!! ,,, lol !
Old 07-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.TYPHOON View Post
Good NEWS!

The B-25J MITCHEll as arrived friday and waiting for me at the hobbyshop.
Will most likely be passing by on monday to get it.

Will keep you posted buddies ...
It must feel like Christmas in July!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #6

Oh yeah MAX,
it shure feel's like that now in July. lol ...

While waiting on,
and while been away at the Manoir for vacation time, I got to download
some amazing flying machine at http://www.knifeedge.com/

I got the B-25J there and some amazing jets fighter and airliners.
I have also made my self a Mil Airbase and the other side of the airport base is for civilians aircrafts like the airliners. It is a 3 runways facilities Mil Airbase and had a ball creating all that serunding for my view pleasure while flying virtual there.

I got my self one of the best FREE virtual F-18 Hornet there is. It as been design my Maj.Numbskully and this guy is a shure Master designer. All fully scale made and a heavy one too,,, over 32lbs+ to move around. Also many fonction are working correctly like the droping fuel tanks just to mention a fiew.

I do Carrier HOOK landing approach with LSO and I have made that runways very short as the aircrafts carrier have as the USNAVY do on their Naval Airbase runways while "Lt" are practicing on their Hornet to catch that wire on DECK.

Double X-mas for me man ... lol ...

Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #7

Today is the day!!!

After lunch heading for the hobbystore to pick up
the wonderfull B-25J Mitchell that as been waiting for
me since fridat afternoon. She (B-25J) will be glade to see me and
will forgive the week-end waiting on me to pick her up ... lol ...

Superb, it as arrive on my vacation ...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
Max
Administrator

Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Great! So that means you have all week to build it- So it should be flying by the weekend?? LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #9

Shure buddy MAX,,, lol ...
It would be nice as I have the Funfly at my club this coming saturday ... lol ...

There is so much I want to do on this B-25J as scale stuff that I mite not fly this WWII aira this year. I dought. As I like my flying machine to be at their full scale look befort doing any flying test. Weigh will be a consideration as I will be heading for some more powerful motor in that scale weight matters.

Not on the rush, and never been in this hobby ...
That is why many like my creations work on the bench while on a scale project. Only wemen rush us to married ... lol ..

Not that wonderfull B-25J Mitchell girl I shure hope ... lol ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay,
when home to cut the lawn this morning and breakfast with my lovely Mom.
Then shower and leave home for the hobbystore to pick up my B25J Mitchell.

While arriving there, I bump on Mr.Ken that was purchasing part of his son Rc truck. Then he left, as I guess he was on his lunch time break.

Then Pete got to say,, okay, I'm going to get your B-25 from the back
store,,, and he did. Ouff,,, what a large kit box it is. We did open it up and Pete got to see all in the right position and rap for transport was very good. He also mention he thought of that kit 4 months a go for a 4 strokes. Maybe a other B-25J Mitchell owner soon ,, who know's ... lol ...

Well now I got back to the manoir were I am on vacation. The box in on the diner table now later this afternoon I will revise all parts from that box so no damage issues are to be repported later. Till now all looks good.

I also got the super scale retractable landing gears and strut's that was made for that Hangar9 B-25J Mitchell kit from Robart products. Pete and I revise to check the product in the box early this morning while I was there and all look very nice and good. What a amazing job thos guy's have done on the gears strut's and retractables system.

So I'll be later on to put up some pictures of the open box happening ...
Will see if I find time to do that today. I shure will try buddies. rest of the week,, I will be very busy with other stuff.

But till now,,, I am very satisfy of what I got my self as a fully scale WWII flying machine. It was worth the time to search and wait on for that kind of scale kit early on for all those months that I did'nt have a clue what I was looking for.

Now,
I am very happy to have been patient and took the time to find something so fantastic to built and making it real.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #10

Still in vacation and away from home.
I have'nt got the Mitchell ot ouf the box yet.

After seen how good the box was pack secure fro transport
I will wait till I get home to unrap the kit out of the box. It will be more secure to be that way in my small Jetta to keep everything in the right place so all aprt's and wings are not dent or bend from a bad unrap if I take the B-25J out now and then rap it all back in the bax.

I fell better holding on the unrap box day that way. So it should be on sunday that I will be opening that large B-25J kitbox. As I am going back home on a very ealy hour saturday as I will be there for a hour or so. I have to be at our private flying club very early morning as we will have our FunFly on that fully till dark sunset day.

So by early sunday,,, I will prepare the working bench area to
receive the Mitchell and to be open for my eyes view check and pleasure that's for shure ... lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in