Track Marshaling Tips - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Track Marshaling Tips

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
--- I do not consider myself an expert racer or marshal. But, here is some information which has helped me, sorry if there is too much information ---

TRACK MARSHALING TIPS

Marshaling can be a great learning experience. For example, if you find that you are having difficultly when racing at a certain turn or jump, marshal that area. You will get to see many people take different approaches to that part of the track and you may learn a new line which could help you in your next race!!

1.) Open toed shoes and sandals are NOT appropriate footwear for turn marshals!

2.) If you're new, find a spot where nobody wrecks so you aren't overwhelmed. (sweeper turns, straights, etc.)

3.) Pay attention to your area and your area only.

4.) Keep an eye on what's coming toward you, and generally what's going on around you. Do not try to run between cars, placing yourself in harm's way.

5.) BE SAFE out there. Toy cars are more easily repaired than humans. If it takes a couple of extra seconds, then so be it. If the driver doesn't like it, he shouldn't have crashed in the first place.

6.) Unless you are on the outsite of the track stay low so that the drivers can see where they are going.

7.) Never, ever, cross oncoming traffic until it's safe to do so, for both you and the other cars on the track.

8.) Use both hands to marshal an overturned toy car, picking it up by the front and rear bumpers. Using one hand may seem quicker, but you'll generally do a better job if you use both hands. Do not try to kick cars over with your feet.

9.) Always marshal a car so that it points in the right direction when released.

10.) If you notice that one car caused another to crash, help the innocent guy first. The guy who caused the crash doesn't deserve to be rewarded by being marshaled first.

11.) Marshal all toy cars equally, play no favorites. Do not leave the track until all toy cars are finished.

12.) Teach good etiquette by refusing to marshal cars who are spinning their tires. If you go to marshal a flipped car and the guy's just holding the throttle, stoop down as if to pick it up, but wave your hands over the car as if to say "I'm not going near it." You shouldn't have to risk getting burnouts on your palms or getting your fingers sent through gears just because a racer is getting impatient. Wearing gloves is a good way to keep your fingers protected from getting burned on the hot motors.

13.) Watch out before letting a car go. If possible, while your going for a car glance up the track to see if anyone's coming. If not, check just before you set the car going again. Nothing irritates drivers like marshals throwing one car on top of another.

14.) Sometimes you'll marshal in a hairpin turn and you'll get stuck. Cars are both approaching the turn and exiting. In this case, priority #1 is to make yourself as small as possible to avoid obstructing the view of the track. Crouch down as low as you can until there's an opening in traffic. It's also a good idea to face the driver's stand when you crouch, because the front of your body is taller than your rear. This way drivers can see over your back.

15.) Catch cheaters. Keep an eye out for racers who jump corners. If you see a driver skip part of the track, whether it's an accident or otherwise, make an effort to hold them in position.

16.) Racers - Get OFF the throttle when you're being marshaled! The marshal may choose to just stand back and wait for you to get off the throttle before helping your overturned car.

I will continue to edit this tread to ad/modify the tips.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
E-23
RCC Contributor

I am: mike

thanks for the helpfull hints
E-23 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
dracohowe
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: mark j.

mabye evan will stop spinning in circles when his dogbones pop out. my cast protected me though lol.

SAVAGE X eats revos and craps tmaxx's

the teeny tiny micro t

POSPS engineering --~-- lol dom.vroom gargle vroom bang its a bird,its a plane. its a piston
dracohowe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Saberwing0

lol, no need to worry about that for now. all my front is plastic so it won`t happen. but there is something, my car will sometimes go into thermal shutdown. if you are a marshall and this happens just turn it off then back on.
Saberwing0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
dracohowe
RCC Expert Contributor

just lower your pinion like i told you too before

the teeny tiny micro t

POSPS engineering --~-- lol dom.vroom gargle vroom bang its a bird,its a plane. its a piston
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

Another tips is:

A good set of gloves also helps marshal.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #7
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

Saberwing0,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracohowe
just lower your pinion
That is good advice. If you don't have other pinions, I would suggest a 6 pack of either Odd or Even that way you can adjust for any track/bash conditions. Make SURE that you get the proper PITCH.

$17
Pinion 6 Pack 48 Pitch Odd 15/25
http://www.greathobbies.com/products...rod_id=RRP1055

$17
Pinion 6 Pack 48 Pitch Even 16/26
http://www.greathobbies.com/products...rod_id=RRP1050
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

here is one

great tips i have one to add stay low dont stand up the drivers cant see where they r going so stay down.
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
dracohowe
RCC Expert Contributor

another good tip is only marshall the blue stampede in the truck races. the others don't matter

the teeny tiny micro t

Old 07-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
Bdegan2

Guys,

this thread was to help and offer advice....Its starting to get a little off topic.
Lets get back on track
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in