It's allyour fault!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Me too Georges - with 4 packs for my Trex, even at only 5 minutes of flight for each, it's really effectively continuous flying at a reasonable pace. I put a pack on the charger as soon as I've flown and take a little break, fly another pack. By the time I go through the 4th pack, the first is ready again.

As for charge times, the A123 cells can be charged at ridiculously high rates - they just don't have the energy density to compare with the latest lipo offerings. The newest lipos too can be charged at 3C safely (at the field, 1C at home) using the proper equipment.

All the rules we're used to are now starting not to apply. Things like 1C charge limits - gone/going; not fully discharging lipos - going/gone (Air Thunder and Kokam - discharge fully over and over without damaging the cells) - the list goes on. Kokam's latest lipo technology is supposed to be perfectly safe - no fire under over charge, ocver discharge, crush, puncture, etc. Very cool developments that should become common.

It'll all come together very soon.
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Oshawapilot
RCC Contributor

I am: Mark M

Total Props: 0
There's one thing that electrics can't match - the soothing drone of a twin with IC engines.

Even the electric guys at our field comment "how good that sounds" when I (or someone else) fly's a twin there.
Oshawapilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
userzero

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawapilot
There's one thing that electrics can't match - the soothing drone of a twin with IC engines.
I cannot argue with that, not one bit. Twin engine planes, 4-stroke engines, they are truly sweet. And nitro models in general still have their place. I would never say otherwise, but I have chosen the electric road myself.

One thing I miss is the smell of nitro engines, and the smell of my 20 year old nitro soaked field box. Strange huh?

Happy flying
Georges
userzero is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in