1/5 KM 3.0 hydrolic disk brake setup??? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Dino_D
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dino_D
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 0
Re: 1/5 KM 3.0 hydrolic disk brake setup???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Lower grade oils could get hot enough to boil. Although I haven't experienced that yet.
The biggest reason for the change to the higher grade oil, is when the brakes are heavily used, the caliper heats up and starts to push against the pad (as I mentioned earlier) and it causes drag on the brakes, eventually expanding enough to lock the disc completely and ruin your race until it cools down. Dot 5 isn't effected by it.

H2Toy: What pipe are you using? 2-stroke engines have the biggest performance gain from changing a pipe.

Also what 2-stroke oil are you using? I recommend Motul 8002T 2-stroke oil. There are 2 versions (on road and off-road) - It causes less wear on the engine.
They finally made a Motul Micro 2T for R/C vehicles which can be used for Methanol, Nitromethane, Ether fuel. Haven't tried it yet on my nitro cars, but it will be interesting to see how it performs.
Castrol A747 and Castrol TTS are pretty good as well, along with Elf.
Don't use Redline, FG stroke, Yamaha 2 stroke oil. It makes the insides all black.
Dino_D is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in