So is there an old school following on this forum? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
imported_Ratzo
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
So is there an old school following on this forum?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've been enjoying this wonderful hobby of ours since 1987.
My first R/C was a Tamiya BlackFoot and I used to race an Kyosho OptimaMid in the eary 90's.
I'm just curiuios if there are some others around with a shop full of old rides.
imported_Ratzo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
imported_funford
RCC Contributor

yep, I have a Tamiya F189, from back in the day LoL
imported_funford is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Talking

There are quite a few of people that have "old" RC collections...on this site.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. I'm sure that you will find everything that you are looking for.

I had a:
Tamiya grasshopper
Tamiya Blackfoot/ Lunch Box
Team Losi JRX Pro
Team Losi XXcr
Team Losi XXTcr
Team Losi XX4
Team Associated
RC10 Gold tub
RC10T
Rc10 B3
Yokomo Yr4m Type-j Pro
Mugen Super Athlete

My list is nothing to the one's that are sure to be posted

once again welcome
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
POWLING
Resident complainer

i beleve ron prinzin is really into old school stuff, he is a vintage rc collector
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #5
adam lancia
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Lancia

i've been at it on and off since '88.

my first car was a tamiya quick drive 12th scale thunder shot...wish it had been the big one with 4wd.

second was the kyosho optima mid se with the long chassis conversion. much fun had with that and i still have most of it

third was an ultima pro that has seen so many different variations that i'm not really sure what to call it...

then a tamiya staduim blitzer which just recently re-assembeled itself after getting tired of being neglected for so many years

my most fun vintage car is my kyosho lazer zx-r(mostly r). i'm going to be running it at matt's track in niagara and at sid's this summer.

adam
adam lancia is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:49 AM   #6
Crafty
RCC Pro Contributor

I go back a little bit. Not quite as far as some of the people but my first car was the Kyosho Raider Pro.

Crafty
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #7
imported_soups
RCC Apprentice

gotta love old shool first car was the frog, losi jrx pro se, tamiya team dynastorm!! rc 10 worlds, schumacher cougar 2000, schumacher cat, kyosho pro x most recently ( last 5 years) kanai edition, mbx4, crazy dark impact and trf501x on order.
imported_soups is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
Bdegan2

My first RC vehicle was the Tamiya Subaru Brat. Same chassis as the original Frog. Then I got the Kyosho Ultima 2wd electric righ after it had won the worlds, I think it was 87 or 89 can't remember.
Then I scrapped the Kyosho chassis and modded all the Kyosho parts and drivetrain to an associated RC10 Gold Tub chassis. I used to race it at a track in Brampton ( cannot remember the name ) somewhere off of Tomken road and another track at Dundas and Scarlet Road.

Got out of cars shortly after getting married and got into aerobatic planes " Goldberg Ultimate Biplane 10-300" Beeauuutiful......

Now I am back into cars with my son, who in a couple of more years will whip all your butts :GRIN:
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
imported_Ratzo
RCC Noob

My R/C Garage cosists of 4 BlackFoot, ClodBuster, StadiumBlitzer, OptimaMid, XXXS, Stampede, T-Maxx, ItsyBitsy Spyder, Kyosho Aasualt most are boxed up and in peices and haven't seen the light of day in a few years.
I'm trying to rekindle my R/C desire.
Every couple years my itch needs to be scratched so I'll trade for some thing but it soon flatlines on me.
I'm hopeing to Trade some stuff for a couple of Stampedes for my 2 oldest kids, maybe if I've got some Hacker buddies it will last this time.
imported_Ratzo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
imported_johnbob
RCC Junior Contributor

Over the years I think I have had all the different Losi Jrx2 variations, infact I still have some of them. There is a N.I.B. Losi Junior 2 collecting dust in my basement. Jrx ProSe, 2 Lxts, a Jrx Pro and a JrT.
Also three Ta03's(TRF),Tb Evolution 1 and 3 Yr4 m2's.
Too much stuff, not enough room.
imported_johnbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in