Best place to order R/C online in Canada - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
xxfile
RCC Apprentice

I am: Howard Buck
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0
Re: Best place to order R/C online in Canada

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
great hobbies was and is born and raised in PEI..... they have it ALL... and its closeish at least for shipping.... Electric is plug and play nitro is fiddle and fiddle and fiddle then play then clean and clean and clean and then fiddle some more and more and more... ive had both and the cool noise and smoke gets pretty old when it wont run right and then no matter how much u fiddle it wont run then you need a rebuild cuz u didnt clean the air filter and it ate some dirt..... shall I go on and tell you how I really feel about Nitro?
I too ran planes thery are in the air... that unburnt fuel wipes off with windex... now picture that goo all over the truck and caked in dust and dirt that all sticks to everything..
OR
you can buy 4 batteries and when the 4th one is dead the first is recharged after you PLUG and PLAY
xxfile is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
sweenytodd
RCC Apprentice

I am: Gab D

Hobbypartz increased their shipping to Canada. Last year I bought a Thunder AC680 charger and the shipping was $9 on USPS. Now I was about to buy just a Tacon 3674 motor and the shipping was $30.

Anyways, +1 on Hobbyking on great selection of batteries and other stuff that you need.
sweenytodd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #13

Total Props: 57

Now rc toys become more popular in all over the world so thank for sharing such a nice information about online toys.It is really helpful for beginner and professional also.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Zrock
RCC Apprentice

I am: Brian D

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
great hobbies was and is born and raised in PEI..... they have it ALL... and its closeish at least for shipping.... Electric is plug and play nitro is fiddle and fiddle and fiddle then play then clean and clean and clean and then fiddle some more and more and more... ive had both and the cool noise and smoke gets pretty old when it wont run right and then no matter how much u fiddle it wont run then you need a rebuild cuz u didnt clean the air filter and it ate some dirt..... shall I go on and tell you how I really feel about Nitro?
I too ran planes thery are in the air... that unburnt fuel wipes off with windex... now picture that goo all over the truck and caked in dust and dirt that all sticks to everything..
OR
you can buy 4 batteries and when the 4th one is dead the first is recharged after you PLUG and PLAY
Exactly why i sold all my nitro
Zrock is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
sandymctyre
RCC Noob

I am: John H
Radio of choice:
DX6i
# of RCs: 10

+1 for NitroRcx.com I have ordered three vehicles from them, and I must say, their customer service has been excellent. Not all the vehicles have been...but...
Tower offers some good deals if you sign up for a membership.
The one caution I would put forward, is to buy a brand that your LHS supports for parts...not that you can't order parts from an online vendor, but your vehicle is down for a week or two while you wait.
sandymctyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #16
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Sebastian
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 12

I run scalers , and with a 5000 mah 2s battery i can do 3 hours non stop.... and i have 6 packs imagine i could still be there the next day
hayabusafmw is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #17
jason26
RCC Noob

I am: Jason I

I've recently ordered from Hobby Hobby, Great Hobbies and Hobby Alley and all were good. They all took a day or 2 to actual ship the package, so keep that in mind if you are used to the way Amazon does shipping. Great Hobbies does have a next day option which I used once, but I missed the shipping time for that day, but it was at my door in less than 24 hours.

I did have one mistake from Great Hobbies, but a phone call quickly resolved any issues.

So at least for now, depending on urgency of the part I will check my LHS (which more often than not doesn't have that part), then I'll check those 3 above and order based on stock/price.

What might also be of note. I've ordered from VG Racing and Boca Bearings which are both in the US. Packages were received without issue in about a week.
jason26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #18
jrservo
RCC Noob

I am: JRServo
Radio of choice:
OS Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650s View Post
Hey everyone. So, I would love to get me a R/C vehicle. I think I really like the truggy, or the buggy style. I have looked at 2 so far online. One is the Losi 810, and the other is the HPI Trophy 4.6. I havn't really looked into other ones yet. But, my biggest problem is, I can't find any prices that would pertain to a Canadian Citizen, and I don't know of any worth while R/C stores online to check out. I am living in Oromocto New Brunswick, I'm pretty sure there's some R/C stores in Moncton, but I can't find them, but Moncton is still 1.5 hours away. Where do you people order your R/C Truggys and buggys online, where is a good place to go, with good deals, and prices.

I am looking for an RTR model, and I would LOVE to stay down around the 300 dollar price range. Now the Losi 810 on the site is around 320, I'm assuming that is USD, pretty sure the currency is pretty much even these days.
Hi Chris,

I bought two Losi SCT nitros for 720 plus another 120 for customs and tax from Horizon. Why nitro? For a similar reasons of having nitro as a kid.

Love it while its running, but... Don't know if bearings are a problem with others who bash:
1. Stock, rear, outer bearing seals wear out in dirt and snow (1 hour life)... take bearings out and clean and repack, flip around and pack hub full of low temp grease.
2. Warm to cold outdoor use causes contraction of void air in differentials and surface droplets of water get sucked into diffs... rust (take apart and clean)
3. "Sealed and water resistant" ross and receiver box suck in water droplets from melting snow => mandatory dry out.
4. Remote onboard starter system is unreliable. I babied my and no gears stripped but electronics died=> no current getting to glow no nor starter motor. Will have to spend 40 for ross or 60 for pull start or 100 for starter box.
5. Losi Ten's front drive shaft angle too great and wears too quickly then center diff wobbles.

Do not believe the ads that show them splashing through water and mud. One 5 minute drive through water or snow means 3 - 12 hours of disassembly and dry-out time or a rusty death.

The 810's buggy body may provide better splash protection than the SCT, But I am tired of all the cleanup for required, simple- to-cleaning boats and aircraft are way more sensible for RC modellers than all the cleaning dirt/mud then driving off the moisture in trucks and cars. Driving in dry conditions only will suck... wet on-road driving would require tear-down drying time, also.

Or maybe someone else has a trick or two to share.
jrservo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
k1e1v1i1n
RCC Noob

I am: Kevin

Total Props: 1

I love nitro when you can get it working right. But if you want more time driving then electric is the way to go. I also like Hobby Hobby and Great hobbies for Canadian stores. I dont shop in the US.
k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
jrservo
RCC Noob

I am: JRServo
Radio of choice:
OS Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrservo View Post

Or maybe someone else has a trick or two to share.
I'm in the process of making losi TENs the ultimate water/snow basher.

Check out progress at http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?p=73056#post73056

RCGroup.com is a good source for the goods... lots of experience on there.
jrservo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in