Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Winter projects!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok my friends, it's that time of year again when, for most of us anyways, that the flying is winding down and we're getting geared up for our winter builds/projects.

So, what are you building this winter - or what special projects are you going to be working on?? I know that we don't always get all that we wanted to do done, but its fun to see what others are planning all the same. So please list away my friends. It will be interesting to show our intentions now and then in the Spring, see how much of what we planned actually got done!

I have three kits I would like to build this winter:

No.1 ...priority will be a Balsa USA 1/4 scale Neiuport 17 with a new Zenoah G26i which I would like to detail as much as I can for scale appearance.

No.2 ...an oldie kit by Ace RC called an Air Scout. 52" span and powered by a .25 engine 2 stroke OR seriously thinking of an electric conversion. My first airplane when I was learning to fly back in 1991.

No.3 ...a newly aquired "Oldie" kit with a small 4 stroker .30 - .40 size 72" span.

AND A continueing project is my Balsa USA 1/4 scale J3 Cub which I am really hoping to put some time on and get the thing done!!! It's only been 9 years in the shop... But this is a very special build for me and I am holding back nothing in the detailing. Full interior cockpit, scale landing gear, fully functioning servo controlled rear stab, and all the other scale features I can pack into it. The dream continues......

ONE last thing but not least is to have my AW Yak 54 completely setup, motor broken-in, and ready for IMAC competition in the Spring!

Thats it for me folks....ok whats on your list for the winter???????? >>>>>

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
mtnflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Winter projects!

Hi Gary

I think these kind of threads are neat. It's true that we don't always get done what our heart wants to do, but, our intentions are certainly noble.

This winter; I have three easy projects in mind;
#1- Finish my little Royal Coachman 1965 stick type; right now about 1/3 complete.
#2- The "Number 7" float plane from Flying Models plans
#3- The .20 4-stroke "Observer", also from Flying Models plans.

This should be a small order to complete, considering that none of the above are necessarily difficult to build. We will have to see how it goes.

I have a lot of dream airplanes I want to build, but, they'll have to wait until I'm retired. Then, look-out!!!! I'll probably be earning a divorce.

Guy

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
johnnyg
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: John G

Total Props: 3

For me it's all about combat, going to design a 1\12 scale corroplast Mossie.
2. I have 48 x 48" cnc router and going to cut and build a 80" yak profile with a 28cc gas engine.
3. Fix my hanger 9 B25 with bigger engines, the evolution 36 was not enough power.

That should keep me busy.
John
johnnyg is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Wayne V
RCC Contributor

Well for me, on the bench now is a Hanger 9 F22 for my magnum .52XLS, i also have a Herr Little Extra for my Magnum .15XL, a Cheapass stick for my Magnum .15XLS, a GWS A-10 for a GWS brushless pusher setup, also a Thunder Tiger E-Hawk 1500 glider and Dynaflite Talon glider that i may build, i also will be building a 120" TT PRO.46 powered B2 bomber foamy. Most of my winter will be getting my workshop setup and organized, the drywall is pretty much finished, the racks are up, pegboard is up, my new Ultimate Hanger that i designed and CNC'd out is going to work great to hold all my planes on one wall. So only some painting to do then i can move my 48" vinyl cutter in the workshop and maybe some flooring, then lots of planes to build.

Here's some pics of the planes to build on the bench, the ultimate hanger, my pegboard 1/2 loaded and the new 11'x22' basement workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1354b.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	40115   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1355b.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	40116   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1359b.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	40117   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1360b.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	40118  

Last edited by Wayne V; 11-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Wayne V is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
cman
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chuck B

Total Props: 18

My winter project is to finish all the projects i started in the past winters, and Repair what got damaged in my move. and my new years resoluation for 09 is to get out and fly more then i did this year, or is that another thread.
cman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
xray
RCC Apprentice

I am: Bob Nelson
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX7 , Taranis
# of RCs: 7

My first project is to get my build table top flat. This is only my 2nd year in RC and I have only built, crashed and rebuilt a couple of Nexstar ARF's. Am changing to a Sig Kadet and chose the kit rather than ARF. I have already leveled my table 4 or 5 times, just can't seem to get it perfect. Maybe I'm trying to get it too perfect. Is 1/16" really that critical ? After reading in RCCanada and talking with an experienced builder at the club, I built a frame of 3/4 plywood cut in 6" strips, on edge, over that 3/4 MDF, with 3/4" styrofoam and a sheet of drywall. Just seems that every shim means I need 2 more somewhere else. Really want to start the kit but this table is a major pain. Love the way this hobby seems to be able to run you in circles. It has to come togrther someday.

Bob
xray is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

And theres an 11 foot "bad boy" inside!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bolted together-1s.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	40125  
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
bugerdup

Smile Re: Winter projects!

I am going full bore on my TF Corsair to have it ready to fly in the spring and have a TF P47 on top of my Christmas wish list. I probably would have had the Corsair finished by now but the UPS guy keeps leaving big boxes on my door step with new planes inside, Go figure.
bugerdup is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
wymbly1971
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Taranis X9E
# of RCs: 28?

Total Props: 4

I made a HUGE mistake and made myself 2 building tables!

Priority Number 1 for me is to finish the Norseman with floats

Priority Number 2 is to finish the Cessna 182...on floats

Priority Number 3 is the Nakajima Rufe on....You guessed it.

I also have a '72 Riv that needs some work before tire burning...I mean cruising season starts.

Oops, priority #3 just got bumped by this....an 86" Super Stearman (but it doesn't need much, maybe a paint job)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1142226.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	40127   Click image for larger version

Name:	1226498.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	40128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Riv Compressed.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	40129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6528compressed.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	40283  

MAAC #77168
Director - Lakehead Aeromodellers

Gravity doesn't Discriminate

Last edited by wymbly1971; 11-11-2008 at 03:13 PM.
wymbly1971 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #10
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Michel G

Total Props: 12

Hi

WoW............. theres a lot going on

I m putting to-gether another TopFlite P-51 Giant ARF . it will have as a power plant a MT-57 . After that I going to repair my hanger-9 PTS . Which was accidented into a fence ( I turned of my radio and the FAILSAFE was not set properly ) , this is a minner repair . Than I m going to get into a build , a TopFlite Elder -40 , it will have as a powerplant a Saito 56 inverted . I m getting the vikers machine gun that I need and I already have the kit and the spocked wheels that go with it . At the same time as the build I will add some hatchs to my P-51 ARF , to hide the switchs and the air acceses supply . I will also add a temperature monatering system , for my DA-50r .

So I m hoping that the winter will pass by quickly , and on to the forecomeing flying season .

Michel
ARF P-51 40 TF-P51 Giant KIT
TopFite P-51 Giant ARF X 3
Hanger 9 SpitFire 60 ARF X2
TopFlite Elder-40 ( on the board )
Aero Works 540 T -60
The Ground came up and hit my plane

Last edited by michel gravelle; 11-09-2008 at 05:26 PM.
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in