Toledo - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
Toledo

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What! No gushing Toledo Show reports?

I did not go, I have to rely on what I read.

I read some on RC Groups. Most were complaints. Nothing but junk in the so-called swap shop. Basically expensive toys in the main hall. Personnel manning the booths had the attitude that they wished they were somewhere else. Rude, ignorant people some of whom smelled as if they had not showered in two weeks. Overpriced disgusting food from the concession stands served by ignorant people.

Hey, I am not making this up.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Peter Gordon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: peter g

I thought Toledo was just fine. Never got that feeling except from the guy at giantscaleplanes.com who wished me luck in burning my house down. Other than that, you get treated as you treat others.
I think even Randy smiled my way

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Well I thought Toledo was great, guess it depends on what your looking for...to each their own. Only had one retailer from the ZDZ booth treat me like second class but that happens everywhere in life. There were deals, and some neat stuff but you have to be there on Friday to take advantage. I paid $3.00 for a hamburger...just don't buy th $3.00 bottled water...I took my own this time.
I was there for the duration and met alot of vedors, most were helpfull and gave away free stuff like mags, caps, and discounts ...if you ask nicely Made alot of contacts to retail US and china items to Canada. I will go more into it when my advertising starts soon here on RCC.

Got a autographed cap from Quique for free when I got my 49'' Yak $120.00 can't beat it! Shhhhh... I asked Molly nicely and she gave it to me with a smile!. You have to see this plane, its beautiful with excellent hardwear...ball links included!

See you all there next year.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
The toledo show..and i been going for along time I say was the best show to me in 10years
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thats a good one..I dont even remember seeing you.I better look up more often..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gordon
I thought Toledo was just fine. Never got that feeling except from the guy at giantscaleplanes.com who wished me luck in burning my house down. Other than that, you get treated as you treat others.
I think even Randy smiled my way

Peter
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

Re: Toledo

I never belive half the stuff i read on RC groups adn RCU myself

But then.. I always thought the swap shop was always junk stuff..LOL\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Smith
What! No gushing Toledo Show reports?

I did not go, I have to rely on what I read.

I read some on RC Groups. Most were complaints. Nothing but junk in the so-called swap shop. Basically expensive toys in the main hall. Personnel manning the booths had the attitude that they wished they were somewhere else. Rude, ignorant people some of whom smelled as if they had not showered in two weeks. Overpriced disgusting food from the concession stands served by ignorant people.

Hey, I am not making this up.

Ed S
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

2nd class from RCshowcase? what you do wrong?

I have known David the owner from Day 1 and he a pretty nice guy.. And found Mike Dooley loves to talk alot ... and you cant beat talking with the little guy Andy Kane

Gee I hate zdz engines.what am i doing saying this..LOL

j/k

realy odd though bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thelmt
Well I thought Toledo was great, guess it depends on what your looking for...to each their own. Only had one retailer from the ZDZ booth treat me like second class but that happens everywhere in life. There were deals, and some neat stuff but you have to be there on Friday to take advantage. I paid $3.00 for a hamburger...just don't buy th $3.00 bottled water...I took my own this time.
I was there for the duration and met alot of vedors, most were helpfull and gave away free stuff like mags, caps, and discounts ...if you ask nicely Made alot of contacts to retail US and china items to Canada. I will go more into it when my advertising starts soon here on RCC.

Got a autographed cap from Quique for free when I got my 49'' Yak $120.00 can't beat it! Shhhhh... I asked Molly nicely and she gave it to me with a smile!. You have to see this plane, its beautiful with excellent hardwear...ball links included!

See you all there next year.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163
toledo

I luv Toledo, the booths were great, I got treated well by everyone there,

There's always few modeller's floating around that absolutely reek but, u can get that at the mall too.

I got a set of KS cannisters for my DA 100 , a great deal on some 8611a's, and a pile of other bits and pieces.

I eat lunch around the corner at quizno's and have dinner at the Spagetti warehouse where u get so much food for $10 bucks u can barely walk out.

My only dissapointment was that both 3w dealer's and Duralite batteries weren't there this year. Guess I'll just have to order my pack on line.

I can hardly wait till next year!

Mike
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Been going for about 7 years now and my take....

-There are some new vendors... which is good
-Electrics and foamies were hot....50% of the booths
-Lots of excitement around the 2.4 MHZ Futaba and JR booths... it's here and we gotta get it.... they have more manufacturers coming on board...SOON!!!
-The new simulator FS-ONE from Hangar Nine blows Realflight outta the water and is cheaper...just awesome... and if you went there...you got a free Tshirt from Hangar NINE
-The food was the same as it was every year... expensive and not much...I agree.... go across the street to SUBWAY...or the BEEF buffet they had Saturday for 9 bucks...didnt try it.
-talked to Mark Beruzzi at the MAAC booth... he has a meeting in two days with AMA regarding 2.4 and whether AMA and MAAC will get approval for 2.4 to allow upgrading current transmitters with the 2.4 modules....and if our governments will approve converting....stay tuned.
-only ran into one Right-Guard deficit smell...maybe it was me... ...not!...and Propworn went home Friday
-not too many people came up to Randy's Brown's room and the Coronas were exploding in his TOO-cold fridge in his motel room upstairs the exposition...
-the swap stuff ( junk...overpriced as usual) upstairs was Emptor Caveat( buyer beware) as usual....do you really trust that reliable .91 Saito with the oil stain for $150 US? Nuff said...
-the exhibits for the contest had a lot of empty spaces... ARFs? No-one building?
-lotta deals on Sunday after everyone left...no-one wants to take the crap back home..prices cut in half again.
-Vendors started packing up at 1:30 on Sunday.... and the security guard was reminding them that they have to stay open until 4 or so.(understandable...they have long distances to travel)
-Friday was not too packed...people were still setting up
-Saturday was a fripping zoo... not a good day to get any deals. talk about products at length, or take pictures...or MOVE around
-Sunday was enjoyable, but most-a the freebies and outta town vendors were gone or packing up by 1:00pm
- the MAAC guys were all there promoting MAAC and our Leamington Jet event in MAY ...prez Richard, Bryan Hewitt, Bob Hudson,George Ens, Toooonnny Paladino, Frank Klenk, Mike Clemmons, Norm and Don MacLellan, Pete Doupnik

I agree with Randy... it was a good one this year and shouldn't be missed... it's the "MECCA" boys...
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

Ronnie they showed up saturday night to consume the beer..your just mad i didnt invite you

Best part about Toledo to me is.. Meeting all my friends from all over
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in