upgrading some parts on my T-Maxx... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Chrisregalado
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
upgrading some parts on my T-Maxx...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, after listening to, and taking the advice of a few people, I have started to tear up my Tmaxx. I will be replacing all of the aluminum A-arms, aluminum shock towers, and I also need to replace the engine mount. I will probably also pick up two rear RPM axle carriers...I already have RPM carriers on the front.

cracked engine mount...what do you guys recommend?

What do you guys recommend for my arms...I used to have alluminum...

As you can see from my rear shock tower...I need new ones! Completely bent! I will be replacing front and rear...no point in keeping the front one, cause it will probably bend like the rear one.

Chrisregalado is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
ST33L C1TY
RCC Apprentice

That's the thing about aluminum it looks nice (for a shelf queen) but if it bends your screwed.. iv had the stock nylon shock towers on my savage for 2 years and im going on 9 hard gallons on my mill ..
ST33L C1TY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Chrisregalado
RCC Apprentice

I hope my parts come in this week!!! I ordered them last Sunday night from fleabay....a very reliable seller...I come home every day hoping to see that piece of paper hanging from my front door knob, saying to go pick up my items at the post office. Come on mail man, don't let me down!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Chrisregalado
RCC Apprentice

well all my parts came in yesterday....black RPM arms all around, black RPM shock towers front and back, and my new blue aluminum Traxxas engine mount. Been working on it, all happy, until I found out that the pins from my old aluminum arms aren't long enough for the RPM arms, $##@##$$%!!!!!!! Then I remembered the stock pins that came with the stock arms....no luck there iether!!! They have thread by the head, and it won't screw into my aluminum bulks!!! What do you guys recommend?

As you can see, the top pins actually fit fine because the threaded part screwed into the arm first, but the bottom ones won't, because the bulkhead is before the arm.

These are the stock ones that came with the truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in