Anyone put tinfoil behind the firewall of your gasser? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
Lord Kimbo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Woodhouse
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
Anyone put tinfoil behind the firewall of your gasser?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was advised by an experienced modeller that I should put tinfoil directly behind my firewall to reduce radio interference that a gas engine could cause. He said he had to on one of his gas engine airplanes so he now does it on all.

I am using a Quadra 50.

Could this be a recommendation only if you are using Quadra's? The engine has never been ran, but was purchased in late 80's. Would that be the reason or make a difference?

As this is my first gas, I am interested in your experiences in these regards.

I know I have to do a range check with the engine off as well as on to make sure I am OK, and the tinfoil suggestions is very easy to implement, so I can't see the harm in doing it.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

tinfoil

If you go to the large engine forum there is a thread about this very thing under radio intereference from a gasser. From my expereience there is no need for it, as long as you keep your reciever as far away as possible and use a resistor type spark plug you will be fine, the plug will have an "r" at the end of the no., my father, granfather and uncle flew some of the first quadra's in the area, and they never had any problems with them.
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:41 AM   #3
Lord Kimbo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Adam Woodhouse
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 4

Haha. That's funny. The thread you refered to is my buddy who is doing the same thing and we talked about it recently.

I'll watch https://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7131

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in