FPV-HAM TechNet Conference - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Aerial Photography/Video Discuss and exchange ideas about aerial photography and video in Canada.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
oxxyfx
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oxxy

Total Props: 21
Re: FPV-HAM TechNet Conference

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thursday, September 6th, 2012 at 8:30PM there will be the 12th edition of the FPV-HAM TechNet conference.
On previous meetings we were discussing very interesting topics like:
• EzUHF Long range FPV questions and answers
• Night FPV Flying
• Discussion about DIY quadrokopters
• MAAC Safety Guidelines
• Discussion about plane locators based on GPS and GSM.
• How to switch from standard flight mode to FPV while in flight.
• Experience with older type Nitro and Gas engines
• Discussion on OSD systems, Autopilots, DIY OSD, etc.
• Advise on starting flying multirotor helicopters
• FPV on multirotor, Blade SR120, setup transmitter solutions and camera options
• Skills needed to build a Mikrokopter
• Questions about glues, CA, Gorilla glue and Hot glue gun
• Display versus goggles
• Fixed wing versus multirotor or helicopters
• Questions about sealing limits, long range flying
• Experience with the Guardian 2D/3D stabilizer
• Experience in recovering lost planes
• How to display your call sign if you do not have an OSD
• Discussion about radios of the old age with button to identify your call sign
• Discussion about long range FPV and Transport Canada regulations for UAV.
• News about the MAAA changing the FPV regulations around the buddy box.
For more information and how to access the conference visit our website: http://www.fpvconference.info

If you wanted to have somebody to ask questions live about setups, transmitters, receivers, cameras, goggles - this is your chance to talk to other pilots live and ask those questions.

Don't forget tonight, starting from 8:30PM EST every second Thursday night. Tonight is meeting night.

Echolink can be accessed from iPhones, Android phones, computers; you do not need to have a transceiver to be able to talk.

If you are in Ontario, located somewhere between Orillia and Niagara Falls, you can tune a transceiver or a frequency scanner to 444.700MHz (VE3RAK UHF repeater) and you can listen to the net live.

This Thursday we will discuss the new MAAC FPV guidelines and I will answer questions around these.

Hope to see you there.
oxxyfx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
oxxyfx
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oxxy

Total Props: 21

Today, Thursday, November 29th starting at 8:00 PM will start the next edition of the FPV-HAM TechNet conference. If you are an FPVpilot with a HAM license, you can join us on EchoLink conference bridge "FPV-CONF" or you can connect to node number 645004 for iPhone, iPad,iPod or any Android device.

The FPV-HAM TechNet conference is created for you, so you can meet other people, talk about your setup, help other people out or ask for help. We are all in this for the hobby and to provide verbal support for you when you need it.

If you are in the GTA (Toronto, Canada) area, you can listen or join us with any UHF or VHF capable handheld transceiver as well, there will be two repeaters connected to this conference:

VE3JOP on 145.310Mhz, to talk you will need to set PL tone on 103.5 on your transceiver
or
VE3JOP on 443.775Mhz, to talk you will need to set PL tone on 103.5 on your transceiver.
also:
VE3RAK on 444.700Mhz, to talk you will need to ser PL tone on 103.5 on your transceiver.

For more information and how to access the conference visit our website: http://www.fpvconference.info

I hope to see you there joining in.
oxxyfx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

well I tried to get onto the conference. The Echolink folks wanted to validate my license first ... with a photograph. So I sent it in, but won't have a reply for days and will miss the conference tonight. Guess this Hamming isn't for me.

cheers
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Soclarke
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Scott C

Total Props: 0

Hello All,

I'd be interested in listening in to the next conference. Does anyone know if there is a repeater either on 2m or 70cm in that Ottawa area that is connected for the conferences?

VA3SOC
Team Orleans Hobbies - http://shop.orleanshobbies.com
Soclarke is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
amateur radio , fpv , fpv-ham conference , ham

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in