BAMDFISHER
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brian Fisher
Radio of choice:
SPECTRUM
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 3
Noise Issues at Joe Nall

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
NOISE ISSUES at JOE NALL

Triple Tree that run the Joe Nall Event have just posted new rules for next years 2016 event.

The noise issue has gotten out of hand and they have had neighbors complaining. When I stopped to get gas in Woodruff in my way home the gas sales attendant said she was glad the event was over as the noise had become annoying over her house.

Direct copy from the TT web Site: http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/news.php

To prevent ANY possible problems with our current and future neighbors, Triple Tree will require, beginning with Joe Nall 2016 to be “neighbor friendly”.

Canister mufflers, three blade props, “soft mounting” of engines, and less than full throttle passes can all be utilized to make our models more environmentally friendly and will be a requirement for Joe Nall 2016.

There is a lot of debate over on Flying Giants as to the "EXACT MEANING" but definitely changes are coming.

If you are thinking of going, be prepared. The word out is that they are going to hit the 3D line hard.

It looks like many people will no longer be attending but with a record crown of over 1500 registered pilots, a reduction of 200 to 300 pilots won't make any difference to this event.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
william storzuk
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR28X
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 4
Re: Noise Issues at Joe Nall

Hi Brian, any news on the mid-air at the 3D field apparently ( not sure ) involving Joe Smith?
william storzuk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
BAMDFISHER
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brian Fisher
Radio of choice:
SPECTRUM
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by william storzuk View Post
Hi Brian, any news on the mid-air at the 3D field apparently ( not sure ) involving Joe Smith?
Ye there was a big midair at the 3D line.

A fellow flying was hovering at the flight line, put on hos smoke and fogged out the complete area, THEN he back his plane up and got nailed.

Joe Smith was involved in another stupid event, purposely flew a damaged airplane and tried to wreck it in the air. I heard he was talked too and the rumor is not to come back. He ignored other spotters who were yelling that they needed to land and flew at some planes. Just a bad example from a good pilot who needs to grow up.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
william storzuk
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR28X
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 4

I hope he doesn't think he is bigger then the hobby, really!!!! Thanks! for the info, i noticed there is a thread started on FG.
william storzuk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in