Need Technical help! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Need Technical help!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Anyone know any good sites where we can fing out how more technical stuff like when engines are failing or front universals poping out on Kanai 3 and what others guys are doing about it

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

if u go to the radio control car action forum... they have a section for each manufacurer... and under that there r posts on different vehicles...

www.radiocontrolzone.com
Old 06-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #3

Total Props: 57
My understanding for loosing the dog bones would be due to flex in the chassis...you may have to upgrade the suspension arms or use a support
rod to strengthen up and minimize the flex.

Kyosho had the same problem with the Madforce....(I think it was the made force)..anyway..new era had upgrade parts to solve that models problem...perhaps they have the recognized a need for it with the k3.

the other option is to paint them so you can find them easier...bright yellow...or orange..
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-20-2004, 07:21 AM   #4

oh the other possibility is that you've damaged the ball cup..couple that with worn dog bones..and that could be your problems as well...add a little chassis torqe and out they come

do they pop out during the same/similar manuevers?
Old 06-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #5

Re: Need Technical help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREK
Anyone know any good sites where we can fing out how more technical stuff like when engines are failing or front universals poping out on Kanai 3 and what others guys are doing about it
Look, I'll giv ya $50 bucks for it, take it off yur hands! Just beasue it's you though.....
Old 06-21-2004, 03:31 PM   #6

Everybody needs a friend like fozy
Old 06-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #7

Old 06-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Mugen_Man

Re: Need Technical help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREK
Yeah, buy a Mugen, and you will get rid of all your Kyoslow headaches!

HAHA! Just kidding.

All the team drivers hang out HERE! Just go to the list of conferences, then go to the Offroad Conference 2004. Then you will see the Kyosho thread. All the team drivers are there and answer any question as well as the Team Manager Regan Lablanc. The site is an old style bulletin board, and is hard to navigate if you are not used to that style. If you have any questions on how to navigate thru the site, just private message me here, and I will try to help.

The problem with the front CVD's popping out is solved by purchasing a set of REAR CVD's and installing them in the front. It is the ONLY fix that I know. I'm not sure if some aftermarket front CVD's have come out for the K3. You're not the only person to have this happen. It seems to happen to everyone. Unfortunately you have to dig deep into the pockets and buy the very expensive REAR CVD's to fix the problem. The rear CVD's are alittle longer than the fronts.
Mugen_Man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #9
Pipeous
RCC Pro Contributor

did you try a simple solution of trying some fuel tubing on either side of the dogbone in the cups? no insult, just works good for a lot of rc's. I do that to the center dogbones to so they don't rattle and casue interference.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #10
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for the input - I am not ignoring you. But thanks to Fozzy playing games I have been locked out of the site. He says it is an accident. (don't make Fozy Mad)

The fuel tubing will only go on one side of the universal and it will actually push the on the shaft which will make it even easier to pop out. I do use fuel tubing between the center diff and rear diff to snug stuf up like you mentioned.

The universals in the front are longer than the rear. I measured them. In fact I added fronts in the rear as they were poping out. It solved that problem however now they are poping in the front. I called Kyosho as Gareth is also having the same problem. They are telling me that it is an error in the way I built the car. Maybe some translation problem between Japanize and broken Japanize English.

Hey the Mugen is having the same problem but I found on the Mugen website they have a new upgrade universal that is 3mm longer.

Thanks guys
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in