Thinking about starting track in Cambridge On - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
live2run
RCC Noob

I am: Jean v
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Thinking about starting track in Cambridge On

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
unbanhype, Thanks for that info! Compared to mostly everyone on this site I'm an rc newbie and really appreciate everything I'm leaning here.
I don't want to stir the pot with the big boys, you made me think how hard it would be to keep up with my stock if I tried to go direct so we will be using the distributors. I'm sure everyone agrees on how much it sucks to be waiting for parts!!
I've been to a few tracks both in and outdoors but always just for fun so when it comes to the competition level I have no clue on what would be expected or if there are elements to the set up of the site that racers might want and feel they don't get anywhere else now. The tracks I went to all seemed to be very accommodating and I'm sure they would do anything they can to make it the best experiance possible but I'm sure everyone has a few ideas on what improvements could be made. We are making a very detailed plan for our layout and the way we want to operate so if everything moves forward like we hope we won't have to many kinks to work out. If any of you have ideas for what you would like we would definitely take it into consideration
live2run is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
urbanhype
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Nigel P
Radio of choice:
Car, Futaba - Airplane, JR
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2

live2run, I will tell you what I have said on this board and many other boards. I have been around along time. I have seen many places come and go over the years. I have figured out the main elements that are needed to have a successful venture. One tip that I will give you is about how the track must be run. You cannot let the fast guys push you around when it comes to the rules and they will attempt to exert "their power". Well the bottom line is that the the fast guys are a small percentage of your business. You need to cater to the beginner and make sure that they will have a good experience. Construct you classes so that there is beginners class. In that class top line equipment is not allowed and any one can show up with bottom of the line equipment and have a fair chance at winning. No one likes to come to the races and come in last every week. Not everyone can spend there way to the top. Encourage skillful racing not the race of dollars. On the surface the race of dollars looks really good for you but in the end the people of means will move on to the next trend. The rest of your customer base will be poisoned and you will be SOL.
urbanhype is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
Badboylosi
RCC Noob

I am: Mark S

Total Props: 0

Im into an offroad dirt track too!! This area is so in need of an indoor dirt track. Good for you for goin for it as Cambridge is a pain in the ass to open up anything in:/ But ya, a buddy and I will be there A LOT!
Badboylosi is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
plotnik
RCC Noob

I am: Nathan P
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 1

any updates on how things are going ?
plotnik is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
bashing , cambridge , guelph , indoor track , kitchener , new track , racing , track

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in