RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Sprucewood Shout Out!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well the time has come to take a minute to thank all those who helped make this years 6th Annual Sprucewood Invitational the biggest event yet! From old sponsors like Pinnacle Hobby to our newest sponsor Nike Canada this event has been steadily growing from the 22 entries in year one to 116 entries this year. My first track the driverstand was made out of dirt and was less than 3 feet tall. It has also been great to have a North American flavour to this event. Each year drivers are making more of an effort and traveling from further distances and because of this I have worked harder and harder to put on a better show. Many have sent me emails and phone calls to thank me for my efforts however this was team work and it was a combination effort of many to help us make this event possible. Many helped and I want to take a minute to thank everyone. Pinnacle Hobby originally convinced me into having my first race and from there they have looked after the actual running of the race each and every year. Ron Brott has always stepped up and done the job that I could never do and that is run the race. Dave Henry was not only at my house almost every night before the race getting the transponder system working but was also there after the race helping me clean up and pick up garbage. For the first couple of years Hobbycraft silently donated great prizes, however it has only been lately that Darren has been coming out and racing. Because of Darren’s involvement this year we not only had 2 S3 Thunder Tiger cars to give away but one of the largest trophies I have ever seen. Thanks to Rick Endler for making it up here and giving us another name on the trophy. I know that next year he will have many wanting to take that prized possession away! Thanks also to Spond, Chewy and Craig for coming out ahead of time to help get everything set up. Last year my track looked like a Airforce bombing target, however with the great work of Steve, Andrew and Chewy the track held up remarkably and gave us a great track to run the Mains on. If it was not for the work of Chewy and Steve working in the rain pumping and sweeping the track we would not have got on the track till Monday. As it was come Sunday morning we were good to go. Each morning these two were up and working on the track before I even got out of bed!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
imported_Sledder
RCC Contributor

Dave, with all that you have been through this year, ups and downs, you pulled off a great weekend.
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
RC18B
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Part 2

I need to thank long term sponsor XXX MAIN for all there prizes. Each year they are the first to jump on board and send them out before I can even ask. In the last couple of years many new sponsors have jumped on board Alta Nissan, for the large cash donation to be spent on buying those awesome generators, Hobby Home for the great prizes, RC Nitro + RC Car for the free memberhips and a ton of stickers. This year Zoom Room not only offered a ton of prizes but they had trophies for the best looking bodies. If it was not for the efforts of everyone at Offroadrc.ca we would not have the media for all of us to stay current and know what is going on in RC across the Country. I know without there website the race would have seen ½ as many entries. It was cool to have my parents out once again cooking up burgers + dogs and if you did not try one of my mom’s peanut butter cookies you truly missed out. Nike Canada, SVM Crono and Venom Racing are three new sponsors. It was great to have Venom and SVM Crono donate so many prizes and to have a sponsor outside of the hobby, Nike Canada to realize that we are a great media to get their product noticed. Their prizes were not hobby related, however I didn’t see anyone complaining when they scored a cool Nike prize. We now have a new Canadian RC Magazine in the name of DRCC (Driving Radio Control Canada) and they made there presence know by shipping me 2 BOXES of magazines so that everyone who left this event went home with a copy in there hand and hopefully the subscription formed filled out the next day. I was happy through my company Sprucewood Leasing Limited to donate all the generators for the winners of the top mains. Please remember that we make acquiring your next car\truck or equipment easy! Thank you to all the racers that came out to compete and make for a great race. One of the greatest improvements came in the fact of the efforts from Steve\Ted and Trevor in hooking us up with more sound and some MUSIC in the pits!! I would like to make a point about the effort of those from Windsor who stayed late on Sunday to make sure everything was put away even though they had a 4 hour drive ahead of them. Thank you also to the 2 ladies from Quebec who spent hours picking rocks and to Jay and Doug for putting up some snow fencing in that dangerous corner. But most of all I would like to thank my wife Holly for putting up with me living at the track for almost a month before the race. Not only was she looking after our daughter she has to deal with me on crutches up to three weeks before the event and me moaning about my swollen ankle. For anyone who I have forgotten about and I know I have left many out THANK YOU!!

Old 08-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

EDIT sorry question answered while I was typing

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
duratraxD
RCC Contributor

I am: Dalton Oliver

yup it was a great weekend!, i had about 5 of the chocolate chip cookies did your mom also make those cause they where very good lol....

Upgrade RC
duratraxD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #6
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

Thumbs up thank you dave!!

thanks to all...nuff said lol......awesome event ill be back

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:52 AM   #7
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

Next time you need some help with the track let me know and I'll try to get some of the guys with FG's to come out and help rip up the grass for ya!! I'll also bring some shovels off course!! Free work-out!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #8
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Sounds good - Yes my Mom baked the chocolate chip cookies as well! They were all gone before I could help myself however being a stocky or husky guy I have sampled one or two of them in the past. I will pass on your comments to my Mom and hopefully next year she will come back out with some more cookies!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in