Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36
2.4 DX7 Impressions..

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Yup, it is pretty cool. Super easy to program and I am not even a JR guy and I fumbled through 90+ % on my own. The radio is far better in "feel" than the DX6 was that is for certain, and the receiver is suprisingly "tiny". Have not flown with it yet as I am installing it on a E Raptor but first impressions are much better than I anticipated and the precision seems to be there, no odd movements on the servos and it is obviously fast, dead silence when you don't touch the sticks on digis... Wave of the future, let the 2.4 wars begin, XPS rumoured to be out within the next few weeks, and "apparently" Futaba has something in the works, they better have if they want to stay in buisness, the 2.4 train is taking off, Espirit sold over 100 of these the first day, I bet Great Hobbies will sell a few as well once people get in the know.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
j-coles

Total Props: 0
Re: 2.4 DX7 Impressions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812
Yup, it is pretty cool. Super easy to program and I am not even a JR guy and I fumbled through 90+ % on my own. The radio is far better in "feel" than the DX6 was that is for certain, and the receiver is suprisingly "tiny". Have not flown with it yet as I am installing it on a E Raptor but first impressions are much better than I anticipated and the precision seems to be there, no odd movements on the servos and it is obviously fast, dead silence when you don't touch the sticks on digis... Wave of the future, let the 2.4 wars begin, XPS rumoured to be out within the next few weeks, and "apparently" Futaba has something in the works, they better have if they want to stay in buisness, the 2.4 train is taking off, Espirit sold over 100 of these the first day, I bet Great Hobbies will sell a few as well once people get in the know.

sounds good! however your idea of a small rx is much differant than mine but like i said ,,good for you! i hope the market gets flooded with them i think every park should have a few

hey ,if these are so superior ,why would there be a 2.4 war as you decribe?

i was just down to the river on tue and i never seen any futaba`s/jr`s or royal evo

j-coles
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bob H

Total Props: 1
Re: 2.4 DX7 Impressions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-coles
i hope the market gets flooded with them i think every park should have a few.

hey ,if these are so superior ,why would there be a 2.4 war as you decribe? j-coles
The DX-7 radio is not classified as a "park flier" system.

It is advertized as a full range, full function system.

It will indeed be interesting to see how the other 2 (Futaba and Airtronics) of the "Big 3" (in North America at least) respond to this current technology.

As a reminder, at the flying clubs, and especially now, at the very popular and ever increasing Indoor venues we need to be prudent with our frequency control systems.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
orenda635
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike P

I don't know if we could consider Airtronics part of a Big 3. I don't usually encounter people using their stuff. Hitec maybe since the pros use all their stuff.
If Futaba has something in the works, I'm thinking it will likely be part of the 14MZ line, complete with the premium price.

I wish we had these radios when I first started flying. My primary radio has always been channel 36. A channel that's unfortunately popular with the RTF trainers. Spent a lot of time waiting. Fortunately all the other 36ers moved to Oakville's South Field so I pretty much have the channel to myself at North.

Everybody's been asking me what I want for Christmas. If the DX7 is good, I'll ask for it.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

j-coles, take a look at this picture, tell me this 7000 receiver is not small enough? You must fly planes small enough to fit in your hand then or you do not know what you are talking about, one or the other. Anyhow as stated this is not a parkflyer system one bit, I think you are confused with the DX6 which was last years new allready.
Here is a pic to compare some sizes..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rcvrs_2_278.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	20963  
Old 12-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
Credence

I'm glad this technology is finally starting to take off. I'd like to see add-in modules though for those of us who already have decent radios. I hope Hitec comes out with one for their radios.
I've never had any problems with interference or range using Hitec stuff, but the possibility of lockout is always there, especially when flying in public areas, so the new automatic frequency control stuff in the 2.4 ghz range is the biggest plus in my books.
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Daniel, there is. XPS is coming out with modules fore radios allready in market.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
Credence

Yeah, I remember reading about XPS a while back. Not cheap though. The module + 8 Ch receiver is $179. Ouch!
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:26 AM   #9

Total Props: 57
You will see a 2.4 GHz 6 channel system from Futaba in the new year. I think its going to be a while before 2.4gig hits the big systems...but you never know.

Already they have 2.4 stuff in their cars, have had for a while.

As well 3 new brushless motor digital servos with much improved resolution over anything else out there. 50-200 in-oz.

Chad
Team Futaba
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 AM   #10
aerodreamer
RCC Contributor

I am: Pulkit S

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773
You will see a 2.4 GHz 6 channel system from Futaba in the new year. I think its going to be a while before 2.4gig hits the big systems...but you never know.

Already they have 2.4 stuff in their cars, have had for a while.

As well 3 new brushless motor digital servos with much improved resolution over anything else out there. 50-200 in-oz.

Chad
Team Futaba
I saw the specs on those servos............MAN!!!!..........the speeds are AWESOMEEE!!!

if i recall correctly, the 51oz in servo BL251 is supposed to cover 60deg in 0.06 sec with 4.8V.

Gotta be pricey though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in