RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 09-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
b761125
RCC Noob

I am: StarSigth

Total Props: 0
XV-01 or XV-01 Pro

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Guys,

I just recently started getting into the rc car hobbies and is rapidly getting addicted to getting more and more cars. Assembling these cars and seeing them run is just fantastic!

Currently I own a TT-01 and and TB-01 and is thinking about getting the XV-01.
I have heard good reviews on the XV-01 but now I am deciding whether to get a XV-01 or XV-01 Pro. The $100+ cost difference seems excessive for the upgrades but I don't really know whether it is worth it in the long run or not. Hope someone can give me some advice or reasons for spending that extra $100 pucks.

ps. I would like to set it up as a off-road car and would probably spend some money on the yeah racing aluminum upgrade parts in the near future.

Thanks!
b761125 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
lamadude
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Byron M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C, Hitec Aggressor Pro 2.4Ghz, FlySky FS-T6
# of RCs: 40+

Re: XV-01 or XV-01 Pro

I have a bunch of Tamiya TT01D/E cars and I love Tamiyas. I would always get the Pro version just because the Tamiya Aluminum upgrades are so expensive when you buy them separate. I also use a lot of Yeah racing and GPM parts. I like GPM better, as I have never had a GPM part that was defective or broke, but I have had 2 problems with Yeah racing stuff not fitting as good as its supposed to. But, one question, if you are going off road, I assume you mean a rally car. Check out the Vaterra Kemora. I made a Tamiya TT01E into a rally car and it was a lot of fun, but the Kemora is amazing. Its REALLY fast, even with a Nimh battery, extremely durable and a blast to drive, very controllable, drifts well and just plain goes nuts when you stab the throttle. Its also the only car I ever bought that I didn't think needed at least something upgraded. Before going and spending the cash on the Tamiya, check out the Kemora. The video on the Vaterra site is not just trick camera shots, the car really does scream like a maniac on the dirt and off road.
lamadude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
b761125
RCC Noob

I am: StarSigth

Thanks for the info!
I just went on to the GPM website looking for parts but found out that they don't have any hop-up option for the XV-01 yet
XV-01 pro will be my choice then Does anyone know if there is any website that offer good deals on the XV-01 Pro in Canada or ship to Canada?
All of the shops in Canada are always more expensive than the states.
b761125 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
lamadude
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:

banzaihobby.com in Japan has the XV01 PRO Touring car for 182 buck, plus it usually costs about 40 buck for shipping. They are an extremely fast and reliable company. I buy all my Tamiya and Yokomo cars from them and its always cheaper than buying in Canada. I didn't see the rally version, but if you email them, they will special order one for you if you know exactly what you want. Special orders from them usually take about a week longer than the usual 5-6 days from ordering to delivery to your door.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
lamadude
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:

I almost forgot. In my experience the best place for Yeah Racing/GPM parts is either rcmart.com or asiatees.com. I order 99% of parts from these 2 places and have never had a problem with the service or if you get a defective part. they ship out a replacement immediately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in