New outdoor track in maple - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #31
Shim
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ted Clarke

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Check out www.jlapracemanager.com The boys at Sammy's use it. With this system, they have the race results on the internet that day. It has the ability to run multiple monitors. It has the ability to have racers enter their own info for registration using the internet, saving time race day. It can also post race info to the internet real time during a race if you have a connection during the race.
Shim is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:51 AM   #32
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Here is a other choice. Here is the link. http://www.rcscoringpro.com/ It's used by the RC Pro Series and Tamiya America for there big race. They also have great service. Talk to John at Fastcats to find out more about the software. He's in Oakville.www.fastcats.ca
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #33
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

as far as racing software goes i think that john at fastcats has the best setup... when the time comes i think you should get in touch with him...

Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #34
Shim
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ted Clarke

One thing I forgot...I would not change the track each month. Once a season mabye. I do not think it would be nice to get used to a track only to have it totally different the next time out. I think having a track that you like will attract drivers.

As far as software...personally...JLap is the way to go. Dino and John are the only ones who run events that have the results posted on the internet within hours of the event finishing. During qualifying, instead of saying 'you are done' when 3 drivers cross the loop at the same time, JLap says 'Joe...you are done...Dave...you are done....' JLap is the only one I know of which allows multiple computers to be connected to each other. This allows one guy to run a race or qualifying while another guy (on another computer) registers drivers, re sorts mains...etc

My $0.02...its all I can afford!!!
Shim is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #35
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

It's better to change a couple times a year. It teaches you how to adapt and to learn new tracks. It's part of the learning process in R/C. The more tracks you experience the better for any racer.

JLAP may be good. But rc pro scoring is very good as well. John at FASTCATS has bigger races than Sammy's. Fastcats # 905.337.1299 and info@fastcats.ca More people. I think after talking to both you make a descision. I've seen to many headaches with JLAP. Maybe they are all worked out now. For example this weekend they are at the International Indoor Championship in Vegas. It looks like there will be be having live practice on www.liverc.com and live racing on www.ampdraw.com. It was also used at the 2005 Reedy race. All I can say is check it out.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #36

Total Props: 57
As a newbie (again) to off-road, I would be very happy to see a track closer to the GTA ...

Great idea to be in maple - with a large chunk of population residing in Toronto and it's out-skirts, the potential for new drivers is quite large - as is the likelyhood that you will attract some of the older "semi-retired" racers that still have some very good equipment stored in their garages or basements. With the right publicity this track can do great things for off-road racing in the Toronto area (not that current ones do not), however, more accessible tracks translates to a greater chance that people will drop that extra $200-$300 to get running again.

I just got a REVO and as great as a truck as it is, it's not a great bash truck - it's a racer .... I can't wait to get on a track that is less then a 2 hour drive away.

Currently, I race onroad in the summer - with a local off-road track - I will be happy to make the switch ... I was always a better off-road racer anyways. (hahaha)

Just my new $0.02
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #37
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Was just poking around eBay looking for a transponder and i came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LAP-COUNTER-SOFT...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know if it is what you are looking for exactly or not but it could cut down HUGE on the start up costs.... just thought that I'd offer some help from down here
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #38
daryldenny
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

I am: Daryl Denny

You can check out laps free here is the website www.rctiming.com. The 2005 Quebec off-road championship was run with this software. We have run the complete season with it without a "hitch". It provides html results, voice announcing, supports all amb systems and much more. And it’s free!
daryldenny is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in