making nitro fuel - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
yabut

Total Props: 0
making nitro fuel

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I want to try making my own fuel I can get lots of pure methanol and I think i can get some nitro I am having trouble finding oil. I fond some oil at crappy tire it is called red line supposed to be a high speed 2 cycle oil and it is synthetic What type of oil do i need
yabut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
green@3D
RCC Contributor

I am: Brian R

You need castor oil. You can also buy the synthetic oil used in making fuel (klotz) from the larger hobbyshops. You can also buy the nitro from the hobbyshop also.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
propnut

I hear diesel fuel and fertilizer has a bit of a kick to it. sorry... couldn't resist.
propnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Two stroke oil

30 weight (30W) non-detergent (because you will be burning it) oil.

Synthetic is best, a little castor is good because it sticks, castor is also bad because it sticks. (messy)

A little rust inhibitor is good too when burning alcohol.

Motorcycle dealer is the best place.

I have about 10 litres in my garage for my Suzuki GT500b (500cc two cylinder, two stroke.

I think Morgan Fuels gives you their ratio on their website.

http://ftp.entercomp.com/Morgan/cp_main.htm

Quote:
High-viscosity oils offer extreme protection but at a cost. The heavier weight oils cause fluid friction if used in percentages higher than 16% to 17%. Fluid friction adversely affects the performance of small engines by causing resistance between moving surfaces robbing power from your engine. Low-viscosity oils generate much less fluid friction so your engine turns up faster, but also at a cost. Lighter weight oils require higher percentages of oil for equal protection and higher percentages of nitro are required to burn the oil.
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in