1/8 electric ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
1/8 electric ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So here we are lookiing at another possible turning stone in Offroad RC. I am talking about the electric 1/8 scale, I cant see it being a main event like what we see know at the big nitro races. My question is, do you think it will take off at the electric races and be the premium class ?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
Time will tell, 1/8 nitro buggy is the King world wide, most people that run 1/8 buggy like the noise, smell and engine tuning.......
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

It sure has it's place and will continue to grow. Nothing beats nitro, however when noise is an issue and after you bite the bullet for the cost it definately has its place. My electric is faster and handles better than my gas but guess time will tell!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
fuzz86
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 10

If my plans work out with my barn I will have a track that should be big enough to run 1/8 Electric on. As it stands now theres room for a nice 1/10 electric but I need to remove some Concrete to expand the track.

This Would help expand the 1/8 Electric to a new level over the winter!!!

Lets keep our Fingers Crossed.
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re electric racing during the winter months

hey ryan,

if you make a track for 1/8 electric for us to race in the winter time ill be there for sure.

the 1/8 electric class is growing and will continue to grow in the future. you see more tracks in the usa adding this class to their race events.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

Electric 8th scale will attract racers from 10th scale electric as well as people that already run nitro. I would bet that a number of nitro 8th scale drivers may be interested in running 8th scale electric in addition to their 8th scale nitro.

This will allow them to get more track time on race day.

The indoor possibilities are what I would expect will be the largest area of growth in the coming years. Also, it will be possible to create tracks in areas that were not previously possible due to noise restrictions.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
fuzz86
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
hey ryan,

if you make a track for 1/8 electric for us to race in the winter time ill be there for sure.
My 1/5 track I`m building in the summer would be great for the E-revo as well
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

I realy hope is grows because it is way less work to get a indoor track for electric than Nitro, I would love to run nitro indoor but it is toxic and hard to work with to keep a place heated and clean air.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re indoor nitro track

you are right there mike. not to mention it would be very very expensive for the ventilation alone.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
fuzz86
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

The best thing for me is I will Own and live at the track. The barn is beat -up and needs some cleaning and I have to remove some concrete and ad some support post but I have no rent to pay. Any money made will be going back into the tracks and prizes for everyone. It has a low cieling so nitro is way out of the question but we should have enough power to charge LIPO`s all day.

I`m building a brushless truggy but I`m wondering if everyone will have buggies or truggies. LMK what you have for next winter indoor 1/8 Electric.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in