losi 8 t 2.0 loose screws - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
skidoos
RCC Contributor

I am: joe zuccaro

Total Props: 0
losi 8 t 2.0 loose screws

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hey just bought a losi 8 t 2.0, ran it at hardcore for first time last week and started to noticed all the screws are gettin loose, after the 4th time with it on track my turnbuckle screws let off , so i viewed over the whole truggy and as i started to tighten the screws i noticed the plastics are soft and can strip easy, is this a common problem? dont like tightening screws all the time, considerin my mugen i hardly touch they all stay tight

serpent 811 cobra
dynamite
skidoos is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
HA I knew you had a screw loose!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

I used to have issues with screws stripping/backing out of the Losi plastics. I started using nailpolish on the screws that go into plastic the same way you use threadlock on the screws that go into metal.

Then I switched to Xray and my forearms hurt screwing into and out of their plastics. Screws do not back out.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #4

Same here Joe, nice handling buggy but it is a Losi....
Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
skidoos
RCC Contributor

I am: joe zuccaro

yeh but i cant be tightening screws or carry nail polish everytime after practice or a run, its ridicolous if i spelled that word right, my old losi 8 truggy 1 never had that problem

serpent 811 cobra
dynamite
skidoos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Mike in the first build(shipment) of the Losi 2.0T's Losi used the wrong length screw in 3 places. It causes them back off and fall out. Losi Knowes of the problem and if you email them at: productsupport@horizonhobby.com they will send you exactly what you need and then the problem is solved.

There are two other things I would check, 1) they had a bad lot of bearings in the rear hubs (inside and outside) check and see if they are already gritty. If so mention that as well and they will send you these parts.

2) I found that the I needed to re-shim the rear diff on all the ones I got. It is very close but each one had a hight spot where it hung up. I slid one shim over to push the crown away from the pinion and it is smooth as silk.

Call or email me if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #7

I have e-mail them and left messages on May 4th and 5th, no reply yet
Old 05-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #8

You can call Horizon Hobbies at 1-877-504-0233,thats product support.I had to call a couple of months ago about issues I had with Losi 1/18 battery packs.If you call at around 10am its a shorter wait before you talk to someone,lunchtime wasnt too bad either.I called at night once and was 90 people in line ahead of me to talk to an agent.I hung up LOL.Its much better than e-mailing I think.At least you get an immediate responce.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

The Import, check to see the response is not in your Junk folder as the first response you got back will say they will be back to you shortly and may have been grabbed as spam.

If this is not the case resend and put attention Nathan. I sent him an email Friday morning had an answer back Friday afternoon.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoos View Post
hey just bought a losi 8 t 2.0, ran it at hardcore for first time last week and started to noticed all the screws are gettin loose, after the 4th time with it on track my turnbuckle screws let off , so i viewed over the whole truggy and as i started to tighten the screws i noticed the plastics are soft and can strip easy, is this a common problem? dont like tightening screws all the time, considerin my mugen i hardly touch they all stay tight
skidoos, myself and many of Sprucewood Team Losi Racing will be at the hardcore trophy race this sunday, we are always under the big green and black Sprucewood tent, wether you are racing or not come on by if you have a chance and any of us would be happy to help you out with any questions or problems you are having!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in