stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136
Re: RC Japan

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
[QUOTE=black;2728394]I started this thread and am quite happy with the Jeti discussion. My question was research before buying a new transmitter.

Joe's forum his choices.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #22
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Thats a pretty bold statement there. Maybe you should start a new thread alerting Futaba owners to check their gear.
So are you saying I am wrong and MAAC is wrong ? Just bringing facts into the selection for Joe's planed radio purchase.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #23
6spd
RCC Apprentice

I am: lightning m

Total Props: 1

No, I am not saying you are wrong, nor looking to start an argument. Just looking to get to the bottom of this. I have checked my gear, and a buddies gear, both purchased from hobby shops in Canada. No IC cert label. I would like to see if this is a local thing or other Futaba users across Canada may have the same issue. The MAAC docs you have linked suggest it is a violation. Thus no MAAC coverage presumably ?

You seem versed in the legalities and brought the issue up, thus my suggestion you start a thread on it.
6spd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #24
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Its all here:
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gs...f08655.html#Q2

Happy reading.

Joe ... will PM later this afternoon ; as it seems some don't like me expressing my experience about radios . Will be interesting to hear what you have for a turbine setup rather than post on here.
Thanks

Last edited by stegl; 01-21-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #25
Jsp
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Jason P
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 Green

Total Props: 5

Ya Joe, defnelty give jeti a good look. I looked at them and did tons of research like said above before I made the switch. I was really going against the grain as I'm the only jeti user at my club. I did start out with the ds14 but a year later upgraded to the DS16. Only because I really like the metal gimbals. I bought all the options for the 14 so really it wasn't much different programming wise. I liked the fact that I could buy what programming I really wanted. Because let's face it. When you buy a radio. You're mostly paying for the R and D that goes into developing software.

One big thing I thibk you'd appreciate is the updateability. You had stated that you typically keep your radio for a long time. Jeti is the only company out there that sends updates to its customers. Not updates to fix bugs. But updates for which people are asking for. The big one which I loveD was the fact they sent out an update making everyone's DS16 a 24 fully proportional channel radio.

You're with futaba now so resale on your current receivers is really good. Especially right now with selling into the states with the dollar as it stands. You'd make out pretty well.

Just a few thoughts to think about.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #26
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post

Joe ... will PM later this afternoon ; as it seems some don't like me expressing my experience about radios .
Dude... relax. Myself, I just brought up about the topic change, it could have been about engines, whatever. The OP was ok with the sway in discussion, it's all good. Just ribbing you a bit about the fact that you've made the same kind of comments in other threads, but then get snippy when somebody calls you out on doing the same thing. Sorry if I offended you.

As for the other user, he had even said he wasn't looking for an argument, just some clarification and even stated that you seemed to have some prior knowledge. Sounds like a compliment, not an insult.

Please carry on with the discussion, I'm enjoying it.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #27
6spd
RCC Apprentice

I am: lightning m

Total Props: 1

The implications are huge here. Thats why i ask for clarity. Got nothing against your radio choices.

According to that IC link anyone who brings a radio device into Canada without an IC approval is breaking the law. Be sure to tell that to our American friends who plan to come to the Princeton jet rally.
6spd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #28
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9KPCM View Post
Dude... relax. Myself, I just brought up about the topic change, it could have been about engines, whatever. The OP was ok with the sway in discussion, it's all good. Just ribbing you a bit about the fact that you've made the same kind of comments in other threads, but then get snippy when somebody calls you out on doing the same thing. Sorry if I offended you.

As for the other user, he had even said he wasn't looking for an argument, just some clarification and even stated that you seemed to have some prior knowledge. Sounds like a compliment, not an insult.

Please carry on with the discussion, I'm enjoying it.
Hey, love the lively discussion , that's what brings the best out in products. No problem with the ribbing as long as others can receive then I can take.
As far as trans border and inter-country use of radios I believe that was unwritten courtesy from way back when. That was for competition or recreational use but not on a permanent basis. In other words if you live in Canada and import into Canada and fly then the IC stickered rules apply. If you live in the US and import into the US then US rules apply. When we go to the US our MAAC coverage goes with us and when the US residents come to Canada to fly then their AMA insurance and FCC stickered rules apply.

6SPD : not sure how or were you read into the MAAC radio item shown earlier that there was no MAAC coverage but in case of an accident involving a Canadian owned radio that is not IC stickered ; I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Glad you enjoyed the banter.........

Last edited by stegl; 01-21-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #29
bhughes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: brodie h
Radio of choice:
Graupner mz 24
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17

So great hobbies etc can't legally sell futabah radios then.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #30
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128

The part I'm curious about, and I'm not about to crack open my transmitter to find out, is that I have seen on some electronic equipment the IC sticker placed inside on the circuit board. Yes, I know it's not following standard of placing the sticker on the outside of the product, but that could be a production thing for items intended for export.

I've been looking through the industry Canada links and quite honestly think the site is as clear as mud in a darkroom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in