heli and g3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
ironside
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
heli and g3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i just got my g3 working with the new expansion pack. i purchased it because i just got the new heli max pro! and its on the sim. i want to use it first because i know very well what will happen if i don't. to hover seems imppossibe on the sim. so do the settings in the program need to be changed to a less sensitive one? perhaps i just need to keep at it! if they need to be changed can some one suggest some numbers as i am totaly new to heli's.
thanks jim
ironside is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 8

hovering

THe G3 sim is a great representation of real life flying.

If you are having trouble maintaing a hover and you are new to helis its just a matter of sticking with it and you will eventually get the hang of it.

Try the Baron or the Dolphin 46 (non 3D) model as the control throughs on them are a little more docile. Also make sure that you get the trims all set right on the transmitter so that it will pretty much stay in place with your finger off the transmitter.

MPC
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
windbender

hello Matteus,
I bought the expansion for the same reason as you, and it took a while to get it to hover, You might try the dual rate switch on the controller, it make a more docile heli. The skills you gain will translate well into real life since the heli has a very sensitive cyclic response.
good luck
WB
windbender is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

sim

It was ironside that was had the question on hovering, I was posting feedback for him on how to control the heli in G3.

I am working on Inverted hovering right now and some serious 3D

Good input for ironside though.

MPC
Old 08-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #5
windbender

Hello matteus,
sorry about mixup should have scrolled higher! i'm still trying to master hovering, 3D is far away for me.
WB
windbender is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

No worries

Dont worry about it windbender no harm done

Don't be in too much of a hurry to get out of the hovering phase cause you learn a lot about control and orientation.
Make sure you are able to hover tail pointing towards you, both sides facing you and finally nose in then you can make the transition into FF and it will be an easy transition for you at that point.

Keep up with it though conquering helis is so satisfying.

MPC
Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
j-coles

Re: heli and g3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
i just got my g3 working with the new expansion pack. i purchased it because i just got the new heli max pro! and its on the sim. i want to use it first because i know very well what will happen if i don't. to hover seems imppossibe on the sim. so do the settings in the program need to be changed to a less sensitive one? perhaps i just need to keep at it! if they need to be changed can some one suggest some numbers as i am totaly new to heli's.
thanks jim
join a club in your area ,,im sure you will find many that will help

most guys dont mind helping a fella out for a LITTLE while until they get the hang of flying

if no-one in your area is willing to help ,blame it on them

just kidding of course,but after yrs of flying fix wing planes,i still cant even begin to control a heli

good luck j-coles
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #8
Matteus
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

great idea

Great idea about the club, there are alot of experienced people at the fields that can help you with your questions.

Plus it is a great experience and you can make some great new friends.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in