Traxxas Fuel/Good or bad - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #31
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledder
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is don't keep switching fuels.
Stick with one brand and keep running it.
you can change fuels but will need to rebreak in the engine

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
ROGatJOHNS
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericem
So some fuels already have after run oil in them and i dont need to add it later?
Actually it's not that some fuels 'contain after run'.....they actually contain 'anti corrosive' additives. When you stop running your engine, enough fuel/oil is trapped to keep the engine lubed till next run...however the methanol in the fuel has a tendancy to absorb moisture (humidity) from the air....when the methanol finally evaporates, all that will be left inside your engine is the original fuel oil and any 'ansorbed' moisture. So, anti corrosives added to the fuel can help to keep an engine from forming oxides. As a precaution I always use after run especially when I rebuild an engine. It's cheap, a bottle lasts over a year for me, and it certainly can't do any harm. The question is....do you want to risk your engine by not using after run?

It's also best to break in an engine with the fuel you plan to keep it running on.. So don't break in on one fuel and then switch to another.....you will save yourself from having to re-adjust for lube and nitro content.

Rare R/C Parts
www.hobbyplex.com

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
www.ultimateracing.ca
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #33
Stampeder21
RCC Contributor

I am: trevor s

because youre doing both racing and bashing, it can be a little tricky.
for bashing i would recommend sidewinder 20/12. but when you go to races fill up on sidewinder 30/10 race blend. HOWEVER because you are changing youre fuels, you will need to take the first few warm up laps very lightly to help youre engines adjust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in