VBAR 5.0 Express Setup help - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
vgjunky
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bob F
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 2
Re: VBAR 5.0 Express Setup help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensidus197217 View Post
You call that tame flying? inverts, tick tocks, and whatever else 3D lingo I heard. My God for me that flying is called panic and crash. I've been at this three years and I pat myself on the back when I do a good figure 8. That's it I'm burning my helis and taking up sailing.
Still laughing on that one Jim. It's called plenty of time stuck in a hotel room with RealFlight. So really it's a lot like a video game for me. Lol. No don't burn your heli's (send them to me).

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
ve7nly
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Darren W

Total Props: 4

The slider is the head gain. Set that to where ever they recommend for the heli that you're flying. The logo 500 setting is roughly about the same as a T-Rex 550 and a logo 600 can be roughly equivalent to the T-Rex 600. You may want to adjust it a bit once you've test flown it, but those settings will get you very close. The 3 options (flight mode) are personal preferences. I would say to start at medium and go from there.
Couple planes
ve7nly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
vgjunky
RCC Expert Contributor

Question: When I switch from NORM to STUNT1, the elevator servo drifts down (would cause the heli to go backwards, but all tests are still static as I have it hooked up to the computer). When I swtich to STUNT3 it goes back to where it should swash level. Weird? Suggestions? Again I am still in the programming stage.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
ve7nly
RCC Junior Contributor

Well I'm not sure if being in program mode would affect that, but I would suggest trying it when not in program mode. But I would suspect that you probably have different trim settings between normal and stunt 1. Check that first, as the dx7 does have different trim settings for each different mode.
Couple planes
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
vgjunky
RCC Expert Contributor

Ok, found the solution. I had to leave the Tx setup mode, then hit the elev trim only one click, and the elev slowly travelled back up, then I clicked to center again and it stopped. Now there is no difference from centre stick up between all flt modes. Only difference is NORM (or hover), when starts at 35% which gives me about -4 on the pitch gauge for startup.

Thanks Darren.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
ve7nly
RCC Junior Contributor

Cool. From the sounds of things, I guess now it's time for the flight test.

Let us know how it goes.
Couple planes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
vgjunky
RCC Expert Contributor

Will do. Have to wait for Christmas though. The wife has been the bills rolling in from converting this chopper to FBL, especially with VBar system. Apparently she is planning to put the heli under the tree with a bow on it; that's my Christmas present. lol

Oh well. If all goes well with 550 I will probably convert the 500 over to DFC as well. I have all winter to peck away at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in