Traxxas Revo 1 8.33%
Losi LST 6 50.00%
The Cen .46 0 0%
Associated MGT 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #11

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Lets face it the Revo was made for a track not back yard bashing. The maxx was designed and made of the back yard basher..it was priced well for what you got, and easy to use. It has its weak points, but overall easy to maintain and do work on.

The revo...well I doubt it will compete on the track, and off the track..its just a heap looking for a place to break down.

Look at the a-arms...look weak..not to mention there are some high stress points in the steering/suspension that give me rise to wonder how well it will perform off road

The LST is big..you pay a little more, but look what you are getting.
Radio, Engine, a beast. I would be nice if they could come up with a version for those who don't need the radio or only need the receiver and servo's.

Cen looks as equally mean...the only reason I would go losi over cen is because of parts availability, other than that I'd say thats a good candidate as well.

xtreme rc is going to feature an article on the revo this month...I'm not sure if they will be review the other monster trucks, but lets face it..the magazines are in it to make money..they are not going to flame a truck.

I've heard reports that the revo is a quick little truck on the track and that it handles well. I also heard that the 2.5 engine is somehow modified, and they are calling it the 2.5r. For whatever its worth...I think I'll wait to see what they are like in person before spending the all mighty $$$
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:20 PM   #12
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Total Props: 0
the only mods to the 2.5 r the new head and new exhaust... oval shaped pipe... nutting else tho...
Old 05-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #13
imported_Nitro_mt
RCC Contributor

I would rather get the tamiya tnx than any of those.
imported_Nitro_mt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
Pipeous
RCC Pro Contributor

Well here monster truck class has taken over. much better than last year. we have 20-30 entries every race, almost double the 8th scale!!! Now out of the box, the mgt is about the best. it has good power, good servos, tough as hell with good shocks and if you take the battery input and plug it in another channel, you can use all 5 cels (stupid bec has a voltage limiter) and get fast steering. I really want one someday.

I run a tmaxx and while I feel I can compete, I have driven longer than the mgt guys so should be able to, but honestly, it is tough to stay with them. The losi, well I used to like losi, but I will wait until they revise it. think xxxnt difs, needing rear pivot block etc etc..... rest my case there.

I just read an article and review of the revo and I am really impressed. the electronic shifting sensor, less tranny mass, better engine...

xtm mammoth is a killer too and on a track race alone the dominator is a moster truck eater

I had a cen car. yawn...

oh and of special note. do not buy the sirio 27. all the guys here that went nuts and ordered and bought them are selling them like a firesale. the one way bearing is absolute junk. every single motor has blown at least 2. I saw one give up that was changed before the main and lasted under 1 minute. seriously!!! I loved my tx18 and was bummed I couldn't afford one when my pit buddies both got them. one for savage and one for mgt. both gone and sold, lots of others too. only person sticking with it owns the hobby shop and rarely runs
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:21 PM   #15
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

We need a new Poll - should I give away a Kanai 3 or a Twin Titan or a MBX5?
Old 06-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #16
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC
We need a new Poll - should I give away a Kanai 3 or a Twin Titan or a MBX5?
TWIN TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna see one of those run
Old 06-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #17

New pole posted on the home page
Old 06-18-2004, 08:09 AM   #18
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

He Fozzy - lets stop the poll for which car to give away - then do a new poll with jus the twin titan and the Kanai 3. Lets give it a time frame. Say till the end of this month. As I need to get it on order. This way at the end of the month we will have one clear winner and that is what I will give away!!
Old 06-18-2004, 03:37 PM   #19

10-4
Old 06-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #20
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Cool!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in