transmission question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
mike4907

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up transmission question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hello i have a t max 2.5 my engine reves up but car wont move . i replaced clutch on engine .transmission gears appear fine .just wondering if their is clutches in their to replace .any help would be muchly appreciated thanks in advance
mike4907 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
inhissteps
RCC Contributor

I am: Wes Quist
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX7s
# of RCs: 10

Re: transmission question

Does the truck move at all. Your break might be dragging. With the engine off try to rotate all the tires on the floor.(engage the diffs and tranny. Don't let the posi traction engage push all four wheels in the same direction. If everything is locked. I would start digging. DON'T force anything to move as more dammage may occure. If all is well in the drive train check your clutch on the engine see if you can spin the clutch bell by hand.
You also may have your grear mesh to close between your clutch and spur gear. Lots to check. Grab a parts diagram and see if anything is installed wrong or missing. My guess is, if your truck was working good till you replaced your clutch its a clutch issue or mesh issue.

If you have used your truck enough that you toasted your clutch I would go through the whole machine from front to back. Clean and inspect. Replace anything thats even looking a slight bit worn. Learn everything you can about your truck.
inhissteps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
RCMonkee
RCC Apprentice

Re: transmission question

make sure ur slipper is tight and if its the older style that u have the lil red pegs in the spur .if the spur isnt tight enuff or there is no red pegs to grab so it doesnt slip the truk will just there.
hth
RCMonkee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in