New MSR-X - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
paulinmtl1
RCC Noob

I am: Paul L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 2
New MSR-X

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can anyone give me some advice on setting up my Spektrum DX8 with my new MSR- X.. I thought it would fly like the Blade MSR but it's much faster and quite a bit more responsive, I would like to know how to tame it down withmy DX8.. If I can't get it to fly more relaxed , I will probably sell it

Thanks, Paul
paulinmtl1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: New MSR-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinmtl1 View Post
Can anyone give me some advice on setting up my Spektrum DX8 with my new MSR- X.. I thought it would fly like the Blade MSR but it's much faster and quite a bit more responsive, I would like to know how to tame it down withmy DX8.. If I can't get it to fly more relaxed , I will probably sell it

Thanks, Paul
If you have a DX8 then go into the expo programming and put 20% positive expo on elevator, aileron and rudder. You can also put in some dual rates to reduce total output. The manual should be able to tell you how to or there are some good videos on youtube.

Also, you may want to program in some mixing to counter act the tendency of the heli to move backwards with left yaw and forwards with right yaw.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Raysun
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ray S.

Total Props: 4
Re: New MSR-X

You can also lower the throttle curve, mine is 0/15/35/65/90 for indoors. Makes it less sensitive. Its a great trainer..stick with it.
Raysun is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in