Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
imported_MikeB
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
More GLORCS Classes

This recently posted on RC Hobbies:
GLORCS and 5th Scale For 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start we are please to officially announce a 2009 exhibition 1/5 scale class. Yes thats right a 1/5 scale racing class. We have negotiated 3 venues within our current calender to host these events

The 1/5 scale will be run on a purpose built track specially designed for 1/5 scale vehicles and will run simultaneously with the 1/8 scale track. We will have full rules, and operational details in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more.

In addition we would like to welcome HPI on as the official sponsor for the 1/5 scale class. HPI has signed on and will be officially supporting GLORCS and the 1/5 class. We are very privileged and excited to partner with HPI for what is a first in Canada for organized 1/5 scale OFF-ROAD racing!.

I'm going to be lashed for this but we also will be starting a GLORCS "SPEC" class for 2009. That is correct... GLORCS will be running a competitive spec class in hopes of bringing new racers into the fold. More details will be released in late January.

We will also be releasing the completed schedule in the next week. If you want to be the first to know than go to our website at www.----------- and sign up for our email subscription list.

Keep any eye on ----------- for official details but as always newsletter members get the scoop first!. There is plenty more in the works and we will get it to you as it breaks!.

Sounds like a good move getting new people interested. My only concern will be getting through the race days in a timely fashion.
Hardcore Raceway The #1 place to run
imported_MikeB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

ok sounds great so who wants to marshall???? at action hobbies 2 people got hit in the head with 8th scales could u imagine the damage a 5th scale would do

not to start to stir the pot but unless glorcs can ensure marshall safety u think marshalls are hard to find now just wait and see.

safety first!!!!
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

i agree with rc squirt. Marshaling can be dangerous at times especially when getting hit on the head. With 5th scales that just increases the danger. I wouldn't Marshall 5th scale unless i had some head protection. Those are 20 lbs vehicles coming at you at fast speeds. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

suggeestion

my 2 cents in regard to things that i see that can be fixed with the seris

1. to get ppl out to marshall is always an issue

some what of a fix

chairs. at every major eveent the are chairs to sit and marshall. this promotes ppl 2 come out and marshall 45 min mains. another plus 2 this is people will be facing the right way at all times wich doesnt allow 4 n e blid spots. the chairs can also be placed in a way that marshalls will no get hurt by flying cars.

2.main lengths should be set! along with ppl per qualifing heat at action hobbies this was an issue there were less in the b sort then the a sort...

3.vests and glasses have already been adressed im sure

4. entry fees should be set right across the board along will t shirt provided either when paid or pre paid take ur pick just make it a rule across the board ..

5. sorted heats were ever u are sitting in the seris is what qualifier u start in

6. new scoring work wwith smaller increments and a beetter tq bonus after all a tq is harder 2 earn

7.ppl where complaining bout sstanding on milk crates on the drivers stand i dont see this beeing an issue but if it is wwith n e body else then set a simple yes or no rule or a height rule.

8.new 5th scale class

the days are alreaady long if u are trying to get ppl into racing runnin 5th scale is alot of $$ slasshes are great and u have done a great job of introducing this class

9.tech

tech when u pay not even going to get into this one right now

more will come to me just want to make a positive contribution

i appologize for hijacking ur thread mike burr but all i want is a smother running day and wwould like to offer suggestions

love the series just want to see it grow
Aka Tires
Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Don't get ahead of yourselves here. The 5th scale tracks will be designed with safety first as a core rule. It will be run on specially designed SEPARATE tracks - not on the 8th scale tracks, and only the 5th scale participants will be marshalling the 5th scale vehicles.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
Don't get ahead of yourselves here. The 5th scale tracks will be designed with safety first as a core rule. It will be run on specially designed SEPARATE tracks - not on the 8th scale tracks, and only the 5th scale participants will be marshalling the 5th scale vehicles.
The best way to not get hit in the head is pay attention. I would be willing to say that Jeff or Art were probably not paying attention when they got hit in the head at action.

I would have no problem marshalling as I know I can move quicker lateraly then the any baja can. I am looking forward to finally seeing an organized BAJA race.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #7
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
just a question how many 5th scales do u plan on getting out.. i dont think ur going to have enough for 2 heats so they can marshall each other but then again i could be wrong.

are they going to be running at a septrate time of the day as 8th scales are running. or are they going to be run at the same time and buggy and truggy quals and main are going to get cut...
Aka Tires
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in