RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 237
shipping costs

I see lots of guys having problems selling due to large shipping costs .so lets brainstorm and find the best way .i have found'''''''''

canada post (small packace convenient /expensive )
greayhound (up to 84" box 75lbs fair pice toronto to bc $100)
manatoulin trucking (no size or weight limit ,very fair pricing .for the monsters)

please add your findings

Last edited by RAMJET; 03-20-2009 at 08:49 AM.
RAMJET is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Re: shipping costs

Tell me about it! No matter if it's one bottle or 10 bottles of glue, Canada Post charges $8.13 to mail from Windsor to the GTA region, couldn't tell you how many sales we've probably lost because of that.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
sugarpops
RCC Contributor

I am: Harold D
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 0
Thumbs down Re: shipping costs

I got an item from Texas cost $6.87 to get it here, had to send it back in the same package...... cost me $16.80 whats up with that, post office couldn'd explaine why......
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrazy View Post
Tell me about it! No matter if it's one bottle or 10 bottles of glue, Canada Post charges $8.13 to mail from Windsor to the GTA region, couldn't tell you how many sales we've probably lost because of that.
To bad you didn't have someone in any given area to receive shipments for you. Like say a RC club and the members could pick it up from their own club.You say it cost $8.13 to mail one to 10 bottles,which I agree is high.From experience with Canada Post though you could probably ship 50 bottles for just a few dollars more

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

I use Canada Post for just about all my dealings. One thing I found was that everybody ships Express Post mainly for the speed (2 days) but the big item is the tracking number. Last couple of small boxes I sent I did not send it Express but regular post. It could be up to 6 days but I found it is usually quicker especially small items. The kicker is the tracking number which you can have if you spend an extra $1 and put $100 insurance on it. They wanted $38 for Express on my last package and doing it the regular way was just over half. I could then track it to it's destination and know it was delivered. Not to many are in that big of a rush that they can't wait an extra couple of days.
John
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
OldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan1 View Post
I use Canada Post for just about all my dealings. One thing I found was that everybody ships Express Post mainly for the speed (2 days) but the big item is the tracking number. Last couple of small boxes I sent I did not send it Express but regular post. It could be up to 6 days but I found it is usually quicker especially small items. The kicker is the tracking number which you can have if you spend an extra $1 and put $100 insurance on it. They wanted $38 for Express on my last package and doing it the regular way was just over half. I could then track it to it's destination and know it was delivered. Not to many are in that big of a rush that they can't wait an extra couple of days.
John
Well, I ship all over the world. The Canada Post tracking number is only good within Canada. If you wish to track it all the way then your dealing with FedEx, UPS, and others. Pricing will increase exponentially!

However, withing the borders of Canada, the express post is almost just as fast (or slow) as regular mail. On top of that, you know what the weather is like in Canada, and express post or regular mail all go with the same freight...
OldGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
dash8
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Tim F
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 12

*maybe* you could get away with the business solutions from Canada Post as a club or RCC (ie each member has a card or something). Just thinking out loud, but might grab some savings for members!

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/in...cid=ln08000600
dash8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash8 View Post
*maybe* you could get away with the business solutions from Canada Post as a club or RCC (ie each member has a card or something). Just thinking out loud, but might grab some savings for members!

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/in...cid=ln08000600
Don't need a business that i know of. my wife was given one as we ship stuff on ebay and they asked her at the post office ifshed like one. we now use the shipping option with Paypal . Person pays us with paypal we can pay and print postal shipping label right at home(need an accurate digital scale) we are now getting the same price as venture one and have all the conveniences of home Also we have a record of when it was shipped and can even see when it arrived.

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
DO335
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 6

Don't forget CanPar.

In my eperience, within Canada, for small packages, they are the lowest rate with good service. They've also been much better than Canada Post, even taking into account the Venture 1 discount. If the service stank, the rate would not matter much.

As a comparison, on a specific package which I get from Montréal, CanPar cost about $5.00 with over night delivery. Useless Parcel Service was about $15 with 2 day delivery. Can't say for Canada Post on that one since the shipper sends only via those two couriers.

Bottom line is that you must check for your specific item and get all the terms and conditions to determine which is the best solution for you.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
OldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrazy View Post
$8.13? Consider yourself lucky that you didn't pay the $27.00 (and more) surcharge for 'Dangerous Goods'...
OldGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in