PLEASE READ: Selling on RCCanada. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
PLEASE READ: Selling on RCCanada.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This has been mentioned in several threads/posts over the the last while so I thought you might not mind me doing this.

Lets call it: "Marking items SOLD 101"

Personally I sell a number of items here on RCCanada each year and have always been diligent about marking the item SOLD once it has been sold.

People find it frustrating, I know I do, when you see an item marked for sale that you may be interested in. So you click on the heading and go into the thread, moving down the column of postings perhaps for even two or more pages only to see on the very last post that the item is sold!

Do that for any number of sale items with the same results and your ready to punch your monitor in the head..lol!

Its honestly really not difficult at all to show others that your item has sold without them having to click into the thread and view all the postings to find out.

Here's simply what you do:

1) Click on your listing on the main page ( the page where it lists everyone's sale items ) taking you into your sale item thread.

2) In your very first post where you initially list your sale items with prices and sales info and "Click" on EDIT.

3) In your edit page, move your cursor up to the TITLE: box (the single line box above this box marked "Title:")

4) Move your pointer down below this box to the icons and click on the RED box icon with SOLD in red letters inside.

5) Now simply click on "Save Changes" and your done! Easy eh?

Now when you go back to the main listings, peope will see the red SOLD icon knowing that your item is sold so no use to click on your item!

Sure saves a lot of frustration and besides, its proper forem Edicate to do so!

So please take the couple moments of time to follow through on your sale items, as it will be much appreciated by all.

Thanks and I sincerely hope this helps.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Last edited by Gary Maker; 01-06-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116
Re: Selling on RCCanada.

I'm sure alot of guy's just did'nt quite know how to mark things sold so they never bothered with it. After your post things should improve.

Bill
Old 01-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15

Right on target there Gary. Another beef along the same line is to many items listed for sale jumbled together. If you must sell more than one item per listing number them with spacing between items. When one item is sold either mark it sold or delete it from the list. One I looked at today said PF sold go into listing I really have no idea which one the PF is and or are they all sold..There is an old saying KISS Keep It Simple St.... well we won't go there ,but keep it short sweet and simple If someone is interested it will sell and don't just list it and forget about it answer your emails or PM's. Rant over

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

I agree!

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20

PLUS:

Use the right forum.

It seems that more people just don't care (or maybe they think they are smarter than anyone else) but posting wanted stuff in the for sale forums just clutters everything up.

Or "new stuff" (like the aurora) in the for sale forum is inappropriate. Unless you're selling it, put it in the forum where it belongs.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

And NO multiple listings of the same item in several different Forums!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Buzz
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0

And to add to that...

Have yall figured out yet that when you change your header and thread content to "Item Sold Please delete/close" it aint gonna get deleted?????

Personally, when I want to buy or sell something on here, sometimes I like to search for past threads where a similar item was sold, and see what the asking/selling price was, and find it very annoying when people delete everything in their thread and fill it in with "......."

Leave the info up for others to search through at a future time. Just use the instructions above to mark items as sold.

AND ANOTHER THING! As V'ger 663rd stated, use the right forum! If you are looking for something, you're only fooling yourself if you post in the for sale section and think more people are looking at it. The people who are looking at it, are more times than not just looking to see what the poor fool posted in the wrong forum. If someone has something to get rid of, they'll look at the wanted section to see if anyone is looking for it.

Wow.. I feel much better now!
www.hvrcf.org
MAAC R/C Scale Combat Committee
Buzz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

I very mych Agree with your observations.
There are a couple thing to add to this, which I had in an thread about 'why items have not sold on RCC':
I buy and sell all the time here. I do not care much if you do not have rating, so far I had good luck with all sellers.
There are few things that I observe here that make a difference to buying and selling.
1. put your location in you info
2. make the add clear with detail info, put your self in buyers position and supply the info you would want to know.
3.Have a picture!!!!!!!!! and resize it so it fits!
4. Be ready to accept money in some form, e-mail transfer, PayPal,
5. have reasonable expectations, used items can expect 70% or less, you are not a dealer and can provide no warranty or backup and cannot expect saving someone tax as a great deal. Using the most expensive hobby store as a price sample guarantees nothing since many local store give great cash deals.
Be sure of what you can ship or have to sell locally,
Don't promise to buy or sell something and the leave the other party hanging, not fair.
Dan
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163

I agree with all above

My additional pet peeve is items advertised as "NIB with only 2 runs on it or NIB with only the stab assembled, etc" .

News flash: it's not NIB if you've run it or only used it once or maybe even breathed on it

I think we need a definition of NIB.

Mike
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
Spitball
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Cedric V.

Total Props: 1

Yes, right on Scale Guy!
Many other good points raised too.
Spitball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in