Extortionist!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #11

Total Props: 57
Re: Extortionist!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The shipping companies are at fault here, plain and simple, your "Screw the US" comment is totally unfair. Take it up with the shipping companies, and take it up with our former gov't who decided how "free trade" should work, can't blame the US for that. The extra fee's you are paying are the brokerage fee's charged by the shippers. It has nothing to do with the seller in the US. If it was model airplane goods and you were charged duty, that is something to take up with Canada customs, model airplane items are duty free. The $13 you paid would likely have been the shipping cost. The additional $11 would likely be the brokerage fee's that Fedex charged you.
Shipping via fedex or UPS, or nearly any courier outside of the mail will always get you with brokerage.
When you're buying stuff from China, it's coming via the postal service, have it sent via UPS or Fedex and you'll still get stung brokerage fee's if it comes surface (they include the brokerage fee's in the shipping prices when it is air). Again, that has nothing to do with the country of origin, it has to do with the shipper and the fact that Canada customs requires the shipment to be brokered across the border.

So be as pissed off as you want with the shipper, and be choked with Canada customs, but making comments towards the US that blame them is ridiculous.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Myzee
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 8
Thumbs up Re: Extortionist!!!

There's a couple reasons I bought from that music store:
1- It was the only place i could find at the time that had the guitar I was looking for
2- ALL UPS shipping, duties, brokerage. blah, blah, blah was laid right out in a nice list upon checkout.
There was no mention of UPS going to come back on me and ask for some random charge of $40.
(BTW I do not blame the music store for this)

And Jeremy, I would have to agree with your statement about "screw the US". That is a little unfair. In my case it's "Screw UPS"
Never again.....

Last edited by Myzee; 04-13-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Myzee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
Dale Hunter
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dale Hunter
Radio of choice:
a 12 X in each hand !

Total Props: 39

Support your local hobby shop

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
Chris.S.
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Chris S
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 2

Yup, the border can be a hassle.

After getting burned once, I only order if the seller will ship USPS. Haven't a problem since that first "brokerage" gouge by dhl.

Right now happens to be a great time to order anything in USD...
Chris.S. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
Myzee
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Smile Re: Extortionist!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Hunter View Post
I would if I had one!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
Slats!
RCC Contributor

I am: Slats

Total Props: 6

1,500 post you would think you would search "brokerage fees" first.

Be mad at the shipping company but fact is they are not stealing from you two, its laid out very clear on their websites its both your faults plain and simple. If you can't find it give them a call they are extremely clear.

I tell it how it is, if you think it only costs 20$ to ship a bass guitar up here then you obviously did not fully investigate either. It is a sliding dollar scale.

As for being more "mature" read your first post its like a two year old having a temper tantrum wrote it.
Slats! is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwm View Post
I had free replacement parts sent to me from the States and UPS charged me 24.50 at my door.
Was even worst for me! $50 part coming back from warranty service. Very quick service btw. Box is in the mailbox when I come back from work, and sadly, it's coming from Fedex (even if the company never said anything about how they would ship their product back to me ANYWHERE on their website. So I look all over the place, but there's no bill. I thought it was the sender who paid for everything. TWO MONTHS later, I get an envelop from Fedex. I owe them $27 plus $7 for the taxes on the product! Took me a while to figure out it was a parcel I had received two months earlier. Call them to let them know it was only a part that was coming back for warranty work. End result, I still had to pay $27, because that the charge to bring it quickly on this side of the boarder, even if I never ask the US company to use a courrier to ship it back to me. They did drop the $7 taxe though, since I told them I had already paid the taxe on that product here locally, in my hobby shop, and I was not charged one penny for the repair by the US company, so why should I pay taxes? I won my case, but it's sad that I have to fight with them about this!

Still, Fedex is a company that can ship anything around the world overnight, but yet, they take two months to send a bill???? If they would have waited for me to pickup the parcel, I would have simply told them to ship it back to the sender. I could have bought the same part here, used, for less than $27.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
Myzee
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Then after all this discussion, I see this AD above. LOL
http://shiptotheborder.com/finding-y...FUhrKgodZkZgIw
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #19
Slats!
RCC Contributor

I am: Slats

Total Props: 6

Sure the ones that rip you off or never stock anything. If I can I do but there are many times you just need to go else where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Hunter View Post
Slats! is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #20

Total Props: 57

Slats! Your clearly trolling for a fight.

At this point, rather than lowering myself to your level, I will ask the Mods to remove your post.

Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in