Hobbypartz shipping help, again - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 10-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
MT_MASTER
RCC Noob

I am: Dalton B

Total Props: 0
Hobbypartz shipping help, again

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello, I finally went to order through hobbypartz.com and the only option I can use is labelled Canada/Hawaii/Alaska/Puerto Rico/Guam/Virgin Islands ... My question is that UPS or USPS?
thanks for your time
MT_MASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
rbwater
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Rob B

Total Props: 4
Re: Hobbypartz shipping help, again

Hi,

It's USPS. I ordered lipos from them & they arrived direct to my mail box about 10 days later.

RB
rbwater is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
MT_MASTER
RCC Noob

Thanks. How much brokerage did you pay on your lipos? What type of lipos did you get and how do you like them? That's what I'm ordering.
Thanks again

Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
SMILLAR
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Scott M.

Total Props: 3

I order from these guys all the time. I always use USPS. You will have your package in 10 days with no brokerage fee. I never use FED EX or UPS bacause the brokerage fee are crazy high. Hobby partz also has great shipping rates. Can't got wrong with there GEN ACE batts!!
SMILLAR is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Solitaire
RCC Noob

I am: Bob G

There is always a chance of import fees with commercial items coming from the US. When Canada Customs do target a package, it's usually a GST charge based on the reported value plus a $5-$10 administration fee. This CAN happen with USPS shipments, but not as common as with UPS/FedEx shipments.

Usually, if the package is marked "toy parts or "hobby parts", Canada Customs will let it slide. Personally, I've never had an extra charge with packages from HobbyPartz, but I have had extra charges from other US suppliers.
Solitaire is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
MT_MASTER
RCC Noob

As long as the total extra fees aren't too high I'm not too worried. But if it's something outrageous then I'll be mad.
I just ordered everything using a $100 visa gift card. I was going to get 2 gens ace 4000mah 30c lipos at $20 each but because of the exchange surcharge fee of 2.5%. My shipment totaled $100.98 ... UGH
Wound up ordering 1 gens ace 4000mah 30c and 1 sky lipo 3300mah 40c. I'll let you guys know how they hold up.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
rbwater
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Rob B

Total Props: 4

As others said there was no brokerage fee & no HST. The lipos (2 x 4000 mah x 4S Skylipos) just showed up in my mailbox. Shipping was $9.

So far the lipos have been excellent. I have 20+ cycles on one of them & about 10 on the other. They fly very strongly & after 10+ minutes of IMAC sequences usually need 2700 - 3000 mah to charge them.

One note, however, one of them arrived with a dead cell. Voltage was about 1v whereas other 3 cells were at 3.86v. I went on their online Help chatline & had a very friendly/useful discussion & eventually sent photo evidence of voltmeter readings & they sent me a replacement that arrived about 8 days later. It is perfect. Was very happy with customer service.

RB
rbwater is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
MT_MASTER
RCC Noob

Okay thanks. I'm excited to see how these batteries perform
Old 10-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
dartguy43
RCC Noob

I am: David K.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Nova Scotia Re: Hobbypartz shipping help, again

I ordered from Hobbypartz about a month ago. They do ship USPS and there was no brokerage fees. Took about 12 business days to get my order and everything was packed very well (each lipo in a separate padded box, etc.). I would do business with them again.
Hope this helps.
dartguy43 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
MT_MASTER
RCC Noob

Thanks. My orders already placed and now it's just the waiting game until it gets here. Just have to say after switching from nitro to electric I'm never looking back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in