Electric to giant scale: - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
agnew airway

Total Props: 0
Electric to giant scale:

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I recently, 3 years ago, got back into RC flying through "electrics". The largest plane I've built/flown is the 6' Porterfield Collegiate by Spirit of Yesteryear. I recently moved to lakefront but am now 1 hour away from a local club. I want to fly bigger on floats/skis and probably will have to go from electric to IC. I have researched a few choices like the expensive Beaver on floats from Kondor, an ARF, or build one of the De Hav kits by Unionville. I need some feedback about their Norseman on floats and the possibility of putting their Turbo Beaver on floats. What ever I build will be stuck on skis when the snow blows. Any ideas or other suggestions would be helpful.
agnew airway is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
FaceDeAce
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C, Prism 7x
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
Many people keep the floats on when the snow arrives. Floats make good skis too, unless your runway is very very hard and abrasive. A skiff of power is very similar to flying off of water.

Otherwise, you might try another forum here on RCC with this question. Try the "float planes" forum for some advice along the lines of what you are asking for.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
agnew airway

Total Props: 0
floats and skis

Thanks Claude, I've been flying a good sized Porterfield Collegiate off skis for a couple of years and have spares in my "goody drawers". I'll post on the other forum also.
agnew airway is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in