Quebec Clubs need your help CPTAQ - Page 11 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #101
rustyknight
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jean C
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 0
Re: Quebec Clubs need your help CPTAQ

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello Mike, very well written e-mail, I was impress by the way you tell them exactly what our problem is, thanks alot for your help, we need a lot more input like yours, keep them coming.

Say Hi to all the gang at Rideau for me from Diane and I

Jean Chevalier
rustyknight is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #102
narok
RCC Noob

A message that was sent to Jean Charest and others:

Dear Jean Charest,

I am writing in response to the closing of the Modeliste Monteregie flying field due to the Commission de la Protection des Territoires Agricoles du Québec action. The hobby of remote control aircraft may not be a very popular hobby in Canada in comparison to the USA or European countries where a large percentage of the population is involved, however, the thousands of enthusiasts who do reside in Canada do have a contribution to make to our society in large.
Over the last few decades the hobby has become safer and safer for participants and spectators, participants requiring insurance to fly in any club to cover any injuries or damage their models may cause, and they must follow safety regulations in order to fly. These clubs also promote a family atmosphere, are a school for the art of aeronautics, technology, design, inventions, a social club for people of all ages from children to the retired where information is exchanged, knowledge is passed on, and the dream of flying is kept alive. The clubs are a safe place where people can socialize in a safe environment.
The remote control model aircrafts vary in size and weight and can weigh as little as a few grams to 80 kg, some flying at speeds of up to 500 km/h. Safety is the most important factor, a factor which is taken very seriously. A safe area to fly is of course an area where there are few people, structures, trees, obstructions and where visibility of the model is always possible. It is simple common sense.
An ideal place to fly would be acres of private flat land, accessible for members, yet far enough from the general population. Every tree and bush would be would be cut down on that area of land and a nice runway would be built in the centre. Ideal, but hardly environmentally friendly or practical. Parks are also not practical due to safety factors and Quebec having the geography of largely forested areas, doesn't leave many options. The best options are farms, where farmers have given permission to fly and were a small runway can be added. The area used exclusively for the aircraft is small and comprises of a runway, and a staging area. Aircraft will fly over seeded fields not through them. In the event of an unfortunate crash the possible damage to crop is extremely negligible, an occurrence the owner of the model tries to avoid at all costs for obvious reasons since these models are not inexpensive.
It is absolutely absurd that the government of Quebec would stop agricultural land to be used for remote control aircraft. It is either completely absurd, or there is a lot of ignorance to towards the hobby. I cannot imagine that anyone could be that absurd, which leads me to believe that the hobby is not well known or understood. This is probably due to the quest to make the hobby safe, which has driven it away from the public eye.
Before making any rash decisions to close any flying fields, I wish for you to become aware of the hobby which contributes to our society, study it a little and become a little educated in it. It is not a new hobby and has millions of participants globally, with over 10 000 insured members in Canada and millions in Europe and the US. These other Western countries have come to terms with the hobby and flying space and information on how it is regulated is available.

Thank you, Oliver

PS. An educated Quebec biological farmer, who's farm I will not mention, has seen the benefits of models flying over his crop. It saves him thousands of dollars in damaged crop. The aircraft chase away birds which destroy a lot of crop, and though he himself has no interest in the hobby, he is delighted to have people flying on his property and even pays for the fuel for the aircraft since it is less expensive than keeping the birds away from his crop by other means and the birds are not harmed.

M. Jean Chevalier, président for Club Modéliste Montérégie Napierville: 450-246-4543
M. Steve Wolox, MAAC Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-944-8241
M. Paul Burrage, MAAC Assistant Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-646-0536
narok is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #103
scot
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: scot h

Total Props: 1

Dear M. Charest,

Congratulations on your victory in your most recent election. I am sure you and the Liberal Party of Quebec will continue to do an effective job of governing your province.

Like many others, I am writing you because I am distressed by the actions of the the CPTAQ against radio control flying clubs using agricultural land. I, like all other modelers, would like to see reason and common sense applied to the law. Clubs use very little land, and that is always well maintained. Most clubs use less than an acre, but due to the nature of the sport require an area free of development such as housing and industry to act in a safe and controlled environment. Members are all very proud of their clubs and do their best to maintain an open and inviting atmosphere for all who come to see the action.

The hobby brings joy to many people. The people who fly these models absolutely love all aspects of the hobby. The skills and knowledge developed and learned can be parlayed into many other areas of life; building, maintaining, teaching others, and it goes on. The economy is also affected by having flying clubs available. Hobby shops, particularly those that cater specifically to RC flyers, will be adversely affected by the shutdown of clubs. Where can these people go to indulge their hobby if their fields are arbitrarily declared off limits by the CPTAQ; Ontario? By allowing radio control flying clubs to operate on small portions of agricultural land in Quebec, the CPTAQ will help the Quebec economy.

M. Charest, it appears that a small body of bureaucrats are desperately trying to justify their existence at the expense of a group with little political clout. If they were corporations with large legal staff on retainer, or developers with deep pockets seeking to build a golf course, would the pressures and the outcomes be similar? I wonder.

In this time of fiscal uncertainty and restraint, it does not seem to make good sense to spend Quebec taxpayers' money on petty quests to stop good folk from using a postage stamp of agricultural land for a pastime which gives much pleasure and fellowship. In any case, this land can revert to cultivation at any time if the need arises, it is not as if a condo block is being built on it! Surely a dispensation can be made that would permit these clubs to continue to enjoy their hobby without molestation and harassment from an appointed official.

Finally sir; I would suggest it would be most enlightening if you could find the time to go to a radio control aircraft club and see for yourself what a wonderful hobby this is. You would be impressed by the fellowship and egalitarianism that abounds, crossing social and age differences. Doctors and Lawyers, engineers and office workers, laborers and trades people, seniors and youths, all on a first name basis, enjoying a common interest. This is the sort of atmosphere which strengthens a society and needs to be fostered. Please, sir; give this issue the time and thought that it deserves.

Here is the contact information for those representing the affected parties.
M. Jean Chevalier, président for Club Modéliste Montérégie Napierville: 450-246-4543
M. Steve Woloz, MAAC Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-944-8241
M. Paul Burrage, MAAC Assistant Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-646-0536

Thank you for your consideration.

Scot Harrison
1 Place Louisbourg
Gatineau, Quebec
J9H 2M9

The above was sent from:

https://www.premier.gouv.qc.ca/premi...mulaire-en.asp

Last edited by scot; 01-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.
scot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #104
buzzkill

reminds me of a fight yrs ago between a moto-cross club and an rc club that i knew of...nether club had a very valid reason to make NOISE!!!
buzzkill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #105
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: bob f
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 8

Hey Buzzkill, I gues you are not in the hobby, as some clubs are only electric, so no noise. Noise has nothing to do with the situation. These fields are in the middel of nowhere, so noise is not the problem. The problem is losing a place where one can enjoy this sport hobby.
Even electrics can be as big as a 40% plane for those than can afford it. But they need a place to fly, and fly in a safe way, not in the middle of a parking lot in a shopping center. I do not know which planet you are living on, but I am glad I am not there, must be pretty boring.
RC Sail boats
bob forest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #106
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
futaba

Come on guys, let's not let this thing slow down. How many of you sent in an email. over 4000 visits. Let's hope 10% sent in, that would be over 400 of us, but we need more.
RC Sail boats
Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #107
bbbair
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rob B
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: sum

Total Props: 47

Bob;

Relax... some of us have sent off our emails and just didn't tell you about it.

The real question is, have you heard from any of these bureaucrats yet? Nice comments like;
"Quit sending me all of these d@#$ emails- they're plugging up my in basket!" and
"Who are all of these English guys? and Why are they bothering me!?"

Feed back can be a wonderful thing.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #108
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
futaba

Thanks, nice to know, that some have sent in and not posted. That is basically what I wanted to know.
Re have we heard from them, they are just getting back to work from their xmas and new year holidays, you know gvt. they get a lot of tiime off. so I am sure we will hear something soon. Lot's of things going on here. We have a meeting this coming sunday, to discuss going public. Radio, TV and so on. We have some very well known radio announcers( heavyweights) especially when it comes to politics. One of them is a RC modeler. So we are hoping, emails, letters, tv, radio, hit them all at once, and see what happens.
RC Sail boats
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #109
RobinLeblond
RCC Apprentice

I am: Robin Leblond
Radio of choice:
14MZ
# of RCs: 4

Bob and everyone,

I think, if people who have contacts in the media (radio, tv, Internet, papers, etc.) it might be good to let us your name and maybe the media which you may have contact. This way, if we need to contact a lot of them, we will have all those names near and ready to be used...

BUT, I have to say that you must NOT contact any media at this moment. As Bod said we do have a meeting this weekend and we will evaluate if yes or no we are going public right now and how... Then, please just wait to contact them, but any names and contacts information might be usefull right now. If you need to provide name outside of this newgroups, feel free to email us the information (RobinLeblond@GMail.com) (or in PV) or to Bod or to rustyknight or to your MAAC responsibles...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #110
rustyknight
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jean C
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 11

This is a reply to BBBair (posting 107) concerning the feedback from Quebec City yet.

BBBair just want to let you know that we will be more than pleased to inform everybody on this forum as soon as we get a reply for an interview or meeting with some influent peoples in the Quebec Parliement
in turn for what all you guys did for us from all accross Canada and USA. You can count on me

FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT SEND AN E-MAIL YET, PLEASE DO SO AS WE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE COMING FROM ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA.

TO DO THIS GO TO PAGE 4 OF THIS FORUM POSTING 37 TO GET ALL THE DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND SEND AN E-MAIL TO ALL OF THEM TO CREATE AN IMPACT AS THEY CAN ALL HELP US, NOT ONLY TO JEAN CHAREST OUR PRIME MINISTER.

PLAN A; IS TO LOAD THEM UP WITH E-MAILS AND LETTERS TO OBTAIN AN HEARING.

PLAN B; WILL BE TO GO PUBLIC WITH THE MEDIAS AFTER THIS COMING SUNDAY'S MEETING.

PLAN C: WILL BE TO BRING THE CPTAQ TO THE SUPERIOR COURT OF QUEBEC (But this will be very costly)

THIS WAY I BELIEVE WE WILL WIN OUR BATTLE, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Jean Chevalier Pres
Club Modeliste Monteregie
St Cyprien de Napierville
One of the 5 clubs attacked
rustyknight is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in