help setting up lmh 110 heli - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #1
obsession

Total Props: 0
help setting up lmh 110 heli

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
can anyone give me some pointers on setting up my lmh 110. heli i have it basicly set up from the manual when i throttle it up the tail rises and nose goes down, this is my first heli which i think will be ok to get me started just need to figure out how to get it set up. should it basicly rise up level with some corections ?any help will be greatly appreciated it is already pretty exciting just getting started
obsession is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
Charlie
RCC Contributor

I am: Charlie G
Radio of choice:
JR 11X

Quote:
should it basicly rise up level with some corections ?
Yes it should. It sounds to me like your swash plate isn't setting level. If I remember right (I use to have one), the elevator servo linkage goes up and hooks on the front of the swash plate so you want to make that linkage a little longer (that will push the front of the swash plate up), that will help stop the heli from wanting to lean forward when your throttling up. Only turn your ball link out "one" turn at a time and keep trying it until you get it right. Once you get it as close as you can, then just use your elevator trim on the radio to fine tune it.
You really should try and find someone that knows about helis to help you get it setup right. LMH's can be a very temperamental heli, they are hard enough to fly when they are setup right, if they aren't setup right, they are a real nightmare to try and fly.
Charlie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:39 AM   #3
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
Hi obsession,

Quote:
should it basicly rise up level with some corections ?
All helis need correction all the time (although the corrections are very small). It might slowly drift forward but it should not distinctly want to poke the nose down and fly off.

Make sure that the swashplate is level and the paddles are aligned to 0 degrees (at level swashplate).

Colin

Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
Heli-Flyer
RCC Contributor

Hi obsession,

The first thing I will check is the CG. If the nose is too heavy, the heli will fly nose down and go forward.

Hope it helps.
Heli-Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
obsession

lmh setup

thanks guys looks like the swashplate wasnt quite level, made some adjustments and will try again. i am taking it on very little step at a time with this and i think it will be very exciting to learn.
obsession is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:35 AM   #6
Oilman72
RCC Contributor

Good idea, you made a good first choice heli indeed. The LMH helis are so durable. I just picked up a 120 for backyard fun. ven though it is not the smoothest heli its durability and calm feeling knowing that is great. You will be addicted indeed. Baby steps and you will be fine, welcome to the wide world of rc helis!!
Oilman72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in