Spektrum DX6i reliability ?? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 04-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #11
kitbuilder
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1
Re: Spektrum DX6i reliability ??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybros View Post
Bill,

I've been using Spektrum radios for several years with no problems whatsoever, maybe I'm just lucky but there are several things you have pay close attention to.

As previously mentioned, make sure the binding process is done with throttle at idle.

Make sure the antenna is routed correctly as per Spektrums instructions. The correct angles of the leads and as far away as possible from electrical or metal interference.

Also make sure receiver power supply voltage is sufficient, Spektrum radios are more sensitive and glitchy to low voltage situations. I find Life batteries are more reliable and dependable than nicads.
Hi Paul. I had it out again yesterday morning and was very careful to follow the correct binding process including remembering to remove the bind plug after binding. The receiver in the Super Cub is a factory installed PC board and powered from the LiPo that also powers the ESC and motor. Everything seemed to work this time other then the wind knocking the plane around - for me at least these little foamies are a real handful in anything other then dead calm conditions. It didn't feel like much wind at ground level but 75' up it was like someone else was flying it. I was reacting to it's actions more then causing it's actions if that makes sense. I like the TX and will use it for indoor and foam plane flying but my bigger planes will be using Futaba TX, Rx and servos. I'm going to send the DX6i to Spektrum for a checkup.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #12
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbuilder View Post
I had already checked the Spektrum website for info and determined that my TX was not on the recall list.

William - how much did it cost to ship your transmitter back to Spektrum?
I think it was 26.00

Bill
Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

My DX6i DSM2 is now 5yrs old and works mint. My DX6i DSMX had a problem when only 1yr old. The elevator stick sh!t the bed and I crashed a glider doing an outside loop.
Took me a while to figure it out and I thought it was just me at first. Glad it wasn't. lol

Bill

Old 04-19-2015, 07:42 AM   #14
kitbuilder
RCC Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

ROFL a messy ending for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
The elevator stick sh!t the bed and I crashed a glider doing an outside loop.Bill
Old 02-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
prepayisland
RCC Noob

I am: Richard Dort
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Had simaler issues turned out to be the shielding in the knuckle of the antenna had cracked open from being bent over and over again replaced it and was golden
prepayisland is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #16
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

DX6i is grossly weak on features, but the two I have had never lost signal or malfunctioned. But I would never use one for anything ever again nor recommend it to anyone. Just no capability, not enough battery, too bulky. etc. The DX6 is a significant improvement, but even with that it is beat hands down by several other radios that cost less. DX6i is really a $50 transmitter that Spektrum has acquired a lot of suckers at $150.

I gave both of mine away when I got fed upwith them (one of them I found left in a field I guess the guy didn;t like it either!)
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in