Clarification: Glorcs classes for 2011 - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #21
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Kevin,

I hope that you see my post as constructive. I didn't mean to argue anything or intend to under mind your previous post. I know you have the best for the series in mind.

I find it hard to compare allowing SC or Truggy

at least truggy is on the same scale as the other vehicles and has the ability to work well on all tracks. SC has an issue that it can't even navigate some tracks due to size and layout.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #22
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
mavrick0 it took 42 participants to get just enough for one class to finish the season in e-buggy. You posted yourself that there was only 11 people who attended 3 or more races.
There are NOT 42 e-truggy's in all of Ontario, and there certainly not 42 e-truggy owners who will attend the GLORCS series races, so there won't be enough to make even one heat on a consistant basis.
Conversely, there are probably a couple of hundred e-buggys in all of ontario (the hobby shops have been selling them) and only 42 of them made the trip to glorcs, and only 11 more than three times.
This subject was on the agenda at last years 2011 glorcs open meeting, was discussed thoroughly and was decided on. When manufacturers start pumping out e-truggy kits to compete with each other and when club level racing sees a spiked in e-truggy owners, it will be put on the slate for GLORCS. For now there's not enough e-truggy participants to justify a class at an already overcrowded racing series.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
imported_mavrick0
RCC Contributor

And your point is gump? When e-buggy was just starting out it had less then those numbers and ended up just being run with the bottom class of nitro buggy but scored seperate. Again we need to start the classes somewhere to bring in the outsiders who either haven't thought about or those sitting on the fence about converting.

Derek, as for SC's not handling the same track as a 1/8 obviously you haven't driven or seen a 4wd sc on the track. I agree the 2wd's can't hack it all that well but the 4wd's can and do have some lap times rather close to an e-buggy. Just keep in mind an sc is almost the same physical size of a 1/8 buggy, not as heavy but that's not a bad thing.

In the end if the option isn't there it's just going to push drivers into other series or avoid glorcs all together and stay with clud racing and is that what we really want to do?
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #24
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
And your point is gump? When e-buggy was just starting out it had less then those numbers and ended up just being run with the bottom class of nitro buggy but scored seperate.
Ummmmm..... last time i checked, last season was the FIRST season of E-buggy for GLORCS. E-buggy was never an official class before that. Are you thinking of the attempts to revitalize the dying monster truck class when electric monster trucks were first allowed? Electric monster trucks are not e-buggys.
My point, again, is that when there's enough numbers, and manufacturers that put out competing kits, e-truggy will be on the slate for GLORCS.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #25
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

Anyone wanting to take part in a new class that possibly may or may not run should already have expectation that running may or may not happen. I would suggest that anyone who shows up for this class run it as a second class with the thought in mind that it may not run if there are not enough people.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
imported_mavrick0
RCC Contributor

Sorry Gump maybe I'm thinking of the club racing but there's another suggestion to handle it if we get enough e-truggies or not.

Derek that is the way we did SC last year with the team. If there was enough we ran it, if not then we still had our main class we ran and just showed off in the practice time afterwards.

In the end it's only my opinion and Kevin/GLORCS can take it the way they want but maybe instead of following the pack we should pull away and think ahead. Whether it works out or not for this year there is really no harm in trying.
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #27
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

I went to the meeting!

I fought hard for E-Truggy however I was the only one at the meeting fighting for it and it was decided we could not fill an entire heat. I get that!!

Now here is the problem:

Having run E-Truggy all last year and many people know it is BYE FAR my favorite class to run I keep getting asked about them (in fact on the Losi Forum I am the resedent GURU) and constantly have people saying they would build one, HOWEVER there is no series that supports the class. (not counting Durham)

SO if no one runs the class, then no one will build one!

E-Buggy is the perfect example, we took a shot last year and many got hooked on it and you will see this year the class really, really takes off.

The exact same would happen if we allowed E-Truggy a place to put down some roots. There is no question it will start slow, however the progression will be awesome!

Guys it is the future, so lets embrace it and add it for 2011! Please lets not waste another year waiting to see what will happen as we know without a series like Glorcs pushing it we will be saying the exact same thing a year from now!!

Lets be leaders, not followers. If we made a mistake so be it, at least we got off the fence and tried something new!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #28
SANDYM
RCC Contributor

I am: sandy

I think you have to draw the line somewhere. If you keep adding all these classes people won't be getting home till early morning. We still have to work on Monday, also I haven't seen an E-truggy class at any event I have ever been to. If Durham has it then there is a great series to run your E-truggy.
Jconcepts
M2C Racing
VP FUEL
Fastlane Graphix
McIsaac Construction
Remax Georgian Bay
Arbon Electric
Back Hoe Jack's Excavation Service
SANDYM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile new e-truggy check it out

check it out new proto type..e truggy is coming soon..in time other companies will follow.
here's the link http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...4e83d13833cc56
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #30
imported_Thrash
RCC Junior Contributor

I don't understand why it can't just be run as an exhibition class. I.e. if there are 8 or more registered for a race then you run them. They don't count for points on the series so they are not an "official" class, but it allows the opportunity for people to start building and racing their e-truggies.
imported_Thrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in