Need help tracking down a Canadian R/C program - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Turbojoe
RCC Noob

I am: Joe B.
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 32

Total Props: 0
Need help tracking down a Canadian R/C program

I stumbled on an R/C parts inventory program on YouTube that was authored by a Canadian. Here is the link:

I've had absolutely NO luck finding the program file. The author posted the video in 2008 and simply disappeared. I can't find any leads on the author or a working link to the file. It was freeware. I can't believe it isn't out there somewhere. If it is it must have a file name that isn't related to the program name. I'm hoping one or more of my northern fellow R/Cer's can help me find this file or the author of the program.

I'm absolutely over run with airplanes, kits, cars, trucks and parts. This program would be a Godsend in creating an inventory of my mass of goodies. If by chance someone downloaded that file while the site was still active I'd be forever grateful for a copy.

Thanks guys!

Joe
Old 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: Need help tracking down a Canadian R/C program

http://www.nchsoftware.com/inventory/index.html
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Turbojoe
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Thanks for that link but I'd really like to find the program in the video as it's already perfectly set up for the hobby. Plus it's free. Your link is $70.00 after trial. I've already tried a pile of different inventory programs and I just don't have the patience to learn each of them so I can tweak them for my needs.

Joe
Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
philipa_240sx
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Philip A

Total Props: 15

This software is about 3 yrs old. I tried the Way Back Time Machine, which is pretty good at archiving older defunct websites. Although I can find an archive of the website, the file you are looking for never got 'saved'.

Here is the dead link:

http://liveweb.archive.org/http://ww...arts-Setup.exe

A google search turned up nothing.

The YouTube video you linked to has several comments regarding download issues as far back as 2009. It looks like that this program only briefly existed.

Sorry, I can't help you any further.
philipa_240sx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Turbojoe
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipa_240sx View Post
This software is about 3 yrs old. I tried the Way Back Time Machine, which is pretty good at archiving older defunct websites. Although I can find an archive of the website, the file you are looking for never got 'saved'.

Here is the dead link:

http://liveweb.archive.org/http://ww...arts-Setup.exe

A google search turned up nothing.

The YouTube video you linked to has several comments regarding download issues as far back as 2009. It looks like that this program only briefly existed.

Sorry, I can't help you any further.
Thanks for that info. I also tried a Google search for the file name and came up empty. It's hard to believe that this program has simply vanished. Especially a free program! You'd think the file would be out there somewhere. It looks like if it is ever to be found again it'll be from someone running across it on their old hard drive. For anyone willing to search their hard drives the filename is: RCAirplane-Parts-Setup.exe

I wouldn't be searching so hard for this program if it wasn't EXACTLY what I'm looking for. It's already configured for THIS hobby. Not model trains or DVD's or CD's etc. I tried FlightLog and it doesn't display properly with Windows 7 for me and it doesn't have picture capability. Also tried many other inventory programs and I'm not enough of a software geek to be able to set it up like the program in the video.

Maybe myself and others that are currently searching and posting on most R/C forums for the program will spark some interest and a software savvy R/C hobbyist will come up with a modern day program for a decent price. Hopefully in an app that will work on my new Google Nexus 7 tablet as well.

Thanks again for digging up the archive of the original website. That's much more than I could ever find on my own.

Joe
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
philipa_240sx

I stumbled across this software awhile back:

http://www.lammers.ca/FlightLog/index.html

It's a comprehensive RC flight logging software which also includes spare parts inventory, maintenance logs, etc. It's a fairly complete package and it's written by another Canuck!

The software itself is quite old (2005) and hasn't gotten an update in quite some time. I did try it for a bit but never really got into it.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
Sundownee
RCC Contributor

I am: Paul S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18 MZ WC
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 1

Also very interested in this program, can anyone help locating a copy they may have in their files.
JPO Member
Sundownee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
philipa_240sx

Joe,

You are looking for the veritable needle in a haystack. I wish you luck.

Cheers,
Philip
Old 08-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Turbojoe
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipa_240sx View Post
Joe,

You are looking for the veritable needle in a haystack. I wish you luck.

Cheers,
Philip
I'm beginning to think you're right. I'm playing with an app for my Nexus 7 right now called Shelves. It's not exactly what I want but it's closer than anything else I've found. Maybe I can make it work for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in