Newby Question - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 AM   #21
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110
Re: Newby Question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn 47 View Post
.....I think probably the 6 ch. Spektrum will be just fine.....
If you look at the difference in programming abilities of the 6 vs 7 or larger you may see that it is somewhat limited and not as future-proof. If you get into flaperons and or gear you will run out of channels. I got the 7 two seasons ago and have maxed it out on two airplanes already. If you can stash some beans and wait to get the 8 it will be worth it.

As to the cap on members it is sometimes a neccessary evil. Our club can be packed to the gills on weekends and the flight school will for sure be capped next season as this year with 9 instructors school night had to be marshalled and there were five in the sky for two solid hours or more nearly every week. Even my sacred early morning (before 9AM, electric only for noise) is starting to get busy.

I hope everything goes well for you and the idea about forming a club has caught my interest. Might not be to hard to find a place if you restrict it to electric. Fine with me since all the glow stuff is for sale.

I have been flying for 25 years or so and I still bought a simulator this fall for two reasons. Try to keep the rust off in the winter and the H9 TO is the heaviest model I have ever flown (12lbs) and requires more finesse. I want to use the sim to get better so I won't bash the thing to bits. 12 lbs was quite a jump for me since everything before that was <5lbs.
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110
Re: Sign up fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn 47 View Post
Hi, Can anyone tell me what the First time sign up fees where when you joined your club. My club is asking $400.00 up front and $175.00 per year. Is that in line with what you guys paid?
Just noticed this other question you had. What does the 400 beans cover? I just renewed my MAAC and it was 216 plus tax for three years and our club is 80 per year. (We have a max of 125 members so that may explain the 175 that your local club charges with only 55 max) MAAC is 80 per year now so they give you a bit of a break if you pay three at once.
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
mstoetz1
RCC Noob

I am: Michy S
Radio of choice:
No favorite yet... have three different brands and still wondering.

Total Props: 0

$400 up front? $175/year? Maximum members per club?

No wonder the sport is dying.
mstoetz1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
Perpetualrepair
RCC Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
DX18,DX7, JR XP6102
# of RCs: 14

Don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a group of us in Victoria actively looking for an alternative to the Victoria club, we are MAAC sanctioned, and a friendly bunch, we hang out at http://pwrcfs.com/forum/index.php
Drop by and ask questions the more the merrier.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
Dale Hunter
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dale Hunter
Radio of choice:
a 12 X in each hand !

Total Props: 39

Ouch on the initiation!
I was on the waiting list (1991) to obtain a membership to a local club with a cap of 40 members. This was a part of the lease. The landowner wanted to keep the noise/ activity down. The closest home was across the gravel road, and was not the landowner. After years of no complaints, I heard the cap was raised to 50, or 60.

-Dale-

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Dale Hunter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #26
mstoetz1
RCC Noob

I am: Michy S
Radio of choice:
No favorite yet... have three different brands and still wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetualrepair View Post
Don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a group of us in Victoria actively looking for an alternative to the Victoria club, we are MAAC sanctioned, and a friendly bunch, we hang out at http://pwrcfs.com/forum/index.php
Drop by and ask questions the more the merrier.

I went to register on this site, but there's issues with the registration page and its image verification function... so unfortunately I can't get past it, or email the site admins.

The error:
Image Verification
Input error: Invalid referer
mstoetz1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in