im sorry everybody - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #11

Total Props: 57
Re: well thought i should at least try so i can get flying

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
And to add to what Jeremy just said...

Forget the Fast Jets and concentrate on Fast Girls! Once you start seeing the ladies, you wont want to think about jets. Your a teen. Get out there and enjoy.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
Pepperpete
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Glenn M

Total Props: 2

I have to echo everything Jeremy said.

Max you seem like a good kid but I think you really need to look at your priorities and put jets behind you for the next while. Your enthusiasm is great but when you constantly message people asking a million questions and trying to buy a jet from them, only to come back at the end (every time) saying "Oh I don't have any money" it gets frustrating. Those kinds of actions really hurts your reputation as well.

Go have some fun and be a teenager! The jets will still be here when you get back.
Member #4 of the 2 litre club! And proud of it.
Pepperpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
flyloose
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Eric R
Radio of choice:
Jeti DC-24
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 3

Dude, you need to man up, get a job, and start behaving in a way that leads to self respect....

Who goes on an internet forum asking for money for a hobby.

It's ridiculous.

over n out
flyloose is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
flyboysnow
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Max Standen
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 6

well jeremy thats very wise but i have my eyes on a jet its a boomerang intro its a little not pretty but its rtf with a jj1400 tuned to run and it has all servos and everything there for $1200 plus shipping is this something worth savin up forr and fixing it up??
flyboysnow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #15
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboysnow View Post
well jeremy thats very wise but i have my eyes on a jet its a boomerang intro its a little not pretty but its rtf with a jj1400 tuned to run and it has all servos and everything there for $1200 plus shipping is this something worth savin up forr and fixing it up??
Stay away from Jet Joe. Just go on any of the other Jet forums and you will see 100's of people who have nothing but headaches with JJ's. You would be throwing away 1200$ plus shipping. Go on RCU and read the Jet forums...their is a wealth of information with respect to good beginner setups.

When I was 12, I worked for myself and mowed lawns all summer long. I took care of about 6 lawns with a push mower and a weed whacker. That summer I saved up my money and bought a 25 size trainer (Hobbico Sturdy Birdy...what a piece of junk!), a Magnum 25GP engine and a Futaba 4ch AM radio. It wasn't much but it was something that I earned by myself and I thought I had the world by the tail (my parents helped me out with the field equipment but I bought everything else on my own). I mowed lawns up until I was 16 when I got my first real job but it was a great learning/maturing experience. I listened to my elders, took their advice and I am greatful for their help during my early years. I am 29 now with much more experience but I worked my way up over the years and didn't get into the more expensive aircraft until about 5 years ago.

My advice: listen to the more experienced. Asking for our opinion on a JJ tells us that you have not done your homework and that you are not ready yet.

Why not consider a nice EDF setup? Their are some really nice full composite EDF's out there that look great, fly great and they won't set you back a small fortune. Some of the fans even sound like turbines!
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
flyboysnow
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C

Re: im sorry everybody

i did do research because i hear jjs are like pst they run like crap but when you get the right ecu setting they run ok
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
Ramz
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 20

Quote:
i did do research because i hear jjs are like pst they run like crap but when you get the right ecu setting they run ok
...until they explode.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Quote:
I think personally this is a lost cause. Max, why not LISTEN to someone for a change here... instead of having good advice go in one ear and out the other. Personally I wouldn't take a free JJ, never mind throw $1200 at one - no offense to the few who have gotten these to run (the only ones I have personally seen, two of them, "ran" to call it that loosely.. but not without huge flaming and about 3/4 hour trying to start the damn thing - just take some good advice for once and move on).

In one post you are bored, and frustrated with flying because you have "done it all" and now you are chasing jets without the financial means to make it happen correctly. At your age, I don't expect much maturity but try and take some of the advice you are reading and learn from it. Not much else to say.

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
...until they explode.
It's hard to get them to explode though - they have to make it past idle RPM first!

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
flyboysnow
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C

im not trying to sound odd but im going to take ramz and jeryemy and everyodys andvice and just move on to new things and take a break from flying. i just have to bad of a rep and bad everything else so i thought about it and i thinkst isnt the thing for me. i love to fly but i think i should like i said take a break i may still fly a little but im going to keep to myself for a while and just do my thing.

pce
max out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in