sold: KOTA Mig-25 Fuselage and plans - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
sold: KOTA Mig-25 Fuselage and plans

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
https://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?p=127507#127507

Asking $100 OBO
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
rcjetguy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ed P.

Total Props: 0
Kota Mig 25

Can you give some more info on this kit? Any website on this kit? What is the wing span & length? You say it takes 2 Byron fans, the 5 inch ones? Thanks
Rcjetguy
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
rcjetguy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ed P.

Waiting

I'm still hoping to get more info on this jet. Anyone else heard of Kota? Any website address? Thanks.
rcjetguy

Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Hi,

Last night i did search on yahoo and goole but there was no hits on KOTA as rc jet manufacturer. I am hoping to get the same info for myself too.

Sammy
Old 08-24-2005, 03:51 AM   #5
Myzee
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 8
KOTA

I actually have a completed model that was built by someone else. It needs some work before i would think of flying it. Mainly there is no wing spar that I can see plus the flying stab pivots would DEFINITELY have to be beefed up!
If you don't mind me asking, what is there anything on the plans that could help me out with these mods? It's a very cool looking jet and I would love to get it in the air some day so any help you could give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Myles
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #6

KOTA background

I don't have all the factsw, and will have to dig around at home for them.

KOTA stands for "Knights Of The Air" and was a manufacturer back in Byron's early days. Kits included the Mig, the F-106 and U-2. I also think they did a Me262 but that could have been Air Flair.

This is a big model, about five feet long with something like a 4-foot wingspan.

MyZee: I've to checked the plans, and there is a stub spar that connects with the bulkhead that holds for the fan units. I suspect that the overall design was not intended for high-speed aerobatics like the original airplane, and made large turns. Beefing up the pivot points probably will take some 1/4-inch ply and carbon-fibre or glass tow in teh area to spread the stresses. However, most of the fuselage looks to be single- or possbily double-layer six-ounce cloth. I don't think that this was ever inteded to compete with the Starfire and similar aerobatic jets.

Here's a few pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mig25-016_207.gif
Views:	254
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	10803   Click image for larger version

Name:	mig25-014_184.gif
Views:	261
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	10804   Click image for larger version

Name:	mig25-010_585.gif
Views:	256
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	10805  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #7

Found my old "for Sale" webpage and uplaoded it ag

I found the web-page and uploaded it to a Yahoo site
http://ca.geocities.com/byrocat2000/ForSale.htm

Essentially, what you get is the fuselage, the intakes, the plans and a sheet with the bulkheads traced on them.

This is definitely a builder's kit. I'd planned to ugrade everything in terms of the wing structure, stengthening of the fuselage and going to modern powerplans like the Viojett and the Dynamax.

UNFORTUNATELY, I never got around to that and have shifted to electrics and electric ducted fans. Something about half or two-thirds the size of this with Wemotec MIDI fan units would be a killer aircraft.

If you're going to be in the Aurora area and you're still interested, you can drop by and check it out and see if you think that it suits your needs and building skills.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in