Futaba 9c with spektrum dx8 module?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 01-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
carmen_walk60
RCC Noob

I am: Gibson C
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Futaba 9c with spektrum dx8 module??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have this setup Futaba 9c which I love and I acquired a spektrum DX8 module that was in my basement for years. I had the set up for my heli and plane but now I am getting into Rc multi FPV racing hopefully in the near future.
The only problem it seem since with the module I have to in PPM not PCM so now I can't use my failsafe on my 9c.
I ran everything before in PCM so the failsafe was working fine.
Does anybody know a work around so I can save money and not have to spend $600 on a new Spektrum transmitter.

Thanks everybody
carmen_walk60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
d_orgera
RCC Contributor

I am: Den O.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14SG, 7C

Total Props: 4
Re: Futaba 9c with spektrum dx8 module??

spectrum failsafe would still apply. once your model is set up, re-bind the receiver with your preferred failsafe settings...say for example, for an airplane I might shut the engine off and put all surfaces to neutral. That's where it should go if the Rx ever lost comm with the Tx. You can test this by shutting off your radio while holding all surfaces to max positions....everything should go neutral when your Rx loses comm.
d_orgera is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Re: Futaba 9c with spektrum dx8 module??

And just for reference its a DM8 module(so as not to get confusion with the DX8 TX, etc.)

That's a DSM2 module and I believe will not work with some of the newer receivers which only work with DSMX now.
May still be fine for you.

And there are a lot cheaper alternatives than a $600 TX.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in