My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!!

My Firebird arrived down at Ship Happens in Sumas Washington today!
Before I get into anything about the airplane itself, I want to take a minute to say thank you to Tom and Susan Cook. Never before with ANYTHING I have ordered, be it airplane stuff, motorcycle, car, guitars etc have I had experiences and follow up's like these 2 provide. Every question I have had so far, they have always had the time to answer.
There were a couple of hiccups in getting the Firebird ready to send, but not any fault of theirs. There was one piece that they have manufactured for them for the pipe that they were waiting on. The company making the part was late in shipping that out. When they did send it, it was the wrong piece. Tom was on the phone to me with every update on the parts.
When the Firebird did ship, they let me know right away. So today, when I got notification that it had arrived I was thrilled. I called Tom to let him know it had arrived and I was on my way to pick it up.
Well, wouldn't you know it, the shippers managed to punch a HUGE hole in the box.... I called Tom and Susan to let them know. I did a quick inspection down in Washington before bringing it back up to Canada and it looked ok. While I was unpacking it back at my shop Tom called to find out if I had found any damage.
I have never had anyone so concerned about a product sent to me. I knew that even if I found something damaged, they would look after me.

As it sits, so far nothing is damaged, everything looks 100%, I'll cut out some hatches tomorrow to check all the internal structure to make sure nothing was crushed as the box was damaged quite badly including the foam inserts.

However, the way this airplane was packed is what saved it for sure. I've never had an airplane so well packed!!!

So, for the great customer service to this point, the great packing, all the updates, and simply for being great friends, Tom and Susan, thank you!!!

Onto the unpacking (sorry, I didn't take pictures yet of all the unpacking)

The first thing I noticed was a packing checklist. I have never seen this in any kit I've ordered before, sure many manuals tell you to check for all the parts and give you a list, but there is actually a highlighted and checked off packing list in here.

Next thing I noticed was that EVERY SINGLE Package in there is labeled!!! I plan on building most of this airplane in the evenings at my house, I don't have much room at home so I will be taking subassemblies with me to build. Not having to search for piece after piece is going to be great.

Every hatch and cut out on the airplane is marked in the fiberglass, cutting everything out is going to be simple! No measuring, no marking, no messing around!

I taped on the tail section, slid on the stabs, slid on the outer wing panels, everything lines up and fits great. The airplane is SOLID, not the squishy denting foam filled stuff I'm used to seeing. Yes, there are mold lines, this is a kit, but the mold lines are minimal, they will take next to no time to fill and smooth out.

In short, I couldn't be happier so far. Everything looks great!!! This airplane is a work of art, I am thrilled to be part of the Firebird owners club now

Thanks again Tom and Susan!

Here are some pictures of the big hole in the box, a few forklift punctures, and then finally, the jet taped together !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image009.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	66094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image010.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	66095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image011.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	66096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image014.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	66097  

Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Dale Hunter
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dale Hunter
Radio of choice:
a 12 X in each hand !

Total Props: 39
Re: My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!!

Surrounded with so much negitivity. It's nice to hear of a potentially bad situation turning out good, and then some public positive feedback.
Best of the New Year to you, clean living payes off.
-Dale-

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Dale Hunter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 100
Re: My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!!

I used to deal with Tom and Sue during my 'Sunset" days...great folks to deal with for sure!!...Ron

Last edited by reo; 12-29-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: grammar
reo is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
JohnVH

Total Props: 0

Sweet! I look forward to seeing it fly in 2014 :P
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Sweet! I look forward to seeing it fly in 2014 :P
Odd, that's when we've all bet that the Fury will fly again too
Old 12-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Molar Mender
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Roy H

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!!

Oh!! you guys are bad, but who am I to talk. I was supposed to have the B-1B ready to fly in 2006. Should be 2010.

Roy
Molar Mender is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
akb
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Closed Membership
Radio of choice:
N/A
# of RCs: N/A

Total Props: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM Guitars View Post
Odd, that's when we've all bet that the Fury will fly again too
Jeremy he's got to make to a rally to have the thing to fly. Good luck and have it ready for our event in July. No flying out in Honolulu right now, all model activity is shut down because of Obama being here. Maybe I can see some fellows flying after the 4th when he is gone.

See you next year
Alan
akb is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #8

Damn Jeremy thats a nasty hole! I am sometimes amazed at how bad a box can be damaged and yet this super delicate mess of composite is still intact in one piece inside

Did you open it before accepting it
Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
maddog
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad M

Total Props: 8
Cool Re: My Christmas present finally arrived, JMP Firebird, Thank you Tom and Sue!!!

Hey Jeremy, that one sweet LQQKIN "snow bird" but how FASSST will it GO??? can you make it a twin? LOL ; ) good luck "MADDOG"
maddog is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773 View Post
Damn Jeremy thats a nasty hole! I am sometimes amazed at how bad a box can be damaged and yet this super delicate mess of composite is still intact in one piece inside

Did you open it before accepting it

Hey Chad,
Yup, I opened it before accepting it, everything looked fine as best I could tell. Fortunately, after starting on a few things today everything is fine. Still can't believe what they manage to do to the boxes in shipping though!

For those interested, I started a build thread on RCUniverse.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9370531/tm.htm
Jeremy
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in