Trex 150 is here - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #41
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41
Re: Trex 150 is here

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snemi00 View Post
So I finally got a chance to fly this thing outside thanks to some decent weather for a change.
Nobody was around to film me since I snuck out if work at lunch hour so I just layed my phone on its side on my porch and flew in the driveway. It's a nice video of my neighbors homes across the street with a tiny Heli darting in and out of view.....

Just wanted to say that this thing is very powerful, overpowered in my opinion for most.
This is my first real flight, so it tended to get away from me a bit as I am getting used to it. Very impressed for a first shot.
Tail holds extremely well, no chance of a blowout.
Watch the funnels I tried starting around the 2:45 mark, I was trying to see if the tail would be affected.

Luckily, I haven't had an opportunity to see how it crashes yet.... It's just a matter of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKnEp1o4Yaw
Wow that thing really moves along doesn't it! Nice flight! Not a bad vid for a selfie lol

Cheers
Mike
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #42
snemi00
RCC Contributor

I am: Santino N

Total Props: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekimc View Post
Wow that thing really moves along doesn't it! Nice flight! Not a bad vid for a selfie lol

Cheers
Mike
Thanks, I really have to tame this thing down...
I started the first 10 seconds of the flight with an 80% throttle curve! then figured what the heck and clicked into 100 flat...whoa...
I'm going to fool with it a bit but I'm thinking a 90 flat curve will be better for my style.
Also going to switch to the heavier blades it comes with to make it a bit less darty. I prefer smoother flight styles over the pop and lock crazy 3d stuff and even on the Mcpx BL I prefer the "bullet" blades
Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #43
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41

Yes the smoother more graceful 3D is more pleasing to watch ... you could also drop the rates a bit too ... that will slow things down! I did watch Jamie Robertson 150 flight vid today and he was running the heavier blades for smoother flights. Maybe Align made this little heli a little to aggressive lol

Cheers
Mike
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #44
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum NX10 / Vbar Neo / V-Touch
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 14

Cool Santino, looks like fun! A buddy just let me know that Microheli just released a metal swash for the 150... Already ordered my replacement OEM one now just waiting for it to arrive into stock @ RotorQuest... With luck I may actually get this thing in the air before the end of January ! Lol

Cheers !
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #45
craneman32
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: StewartW
Radio of choice:
Dx7s
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 12

In my minuscule micro heli career I've realized to wait for Lynx parts. Micro heli races to release stuff and then re-release new stuff. The parts were better and the McpX and the 130x worked better with Lynx. Though I'm sure there is always a difference of opinion.
Blade 130X
craneman32 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #46
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Align, as usual, makes things very difficult for their dealers and customers to keep track of with the constant running changes without part numbers necessarily changing.
Currently, the latest revision is what they refer to as the A parts.
The swash, frame and tail motor mount have an A marked on them to indicate they are the new material. The skids are also made of a more durable material.

To make it more confusing....the latest batches have the A parts, PLUS a newer version tail motor that's about 1mm larger and has Align marked on it.
The one I got last week has the A marked on it, but not the newer motor.

Rotorquest has these newest versions in stock right now, with the new motors. If you buy somewhere else, make sure you ask them to tell you what they have before ordering.
If they don't know what you're talking about, or say they're all the same, take your business elsewhere....

I am thinking based on some closer inspection that the kit I received is NOT a REV A kit... how do I confirm this ?? I just feel slighted by Align with their much to scripted response from RotorQuest... and if there is warranty it should be honored.... by Align through their distributor...

Here is the Assurance RC site link and I have added a pic of the Rev A tail motor...clearly shows Align stamp on it, not llike mine....

http://www.alignrcusa.com/index.php?...2416cb2204870b
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140118_082939.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	230875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140118_082951.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	230876   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot030.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	230878  

Last edited by Gizmodude; 01-18-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Gizmodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #47
snemi00
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmodude View Post
I am thinking based on some closer inspection that the kit I received is NOT a REV A kit... how do I confirm this ?? I just feel slighted by Align with their much to scripted response from RotorQuest... and if there is warranty it should be honored.... by Align through their distributor...
Hi Richard,
Yours is a rev A kit, it's the same batch I got.
Have a look at the plastic tail motor mount and it will have a little letter A molded on it. The landing skids are also more flexible, just try bending them and you'll see. The originals would crack. The main frame also has an A on it underneath.
The new tail motors with Align etched on them are the current ones in stock that came in on the next shipment after we both got ours. The machine itself is the same, just the tail motor is different. Not any better or worse according to all accounts I've heard, they just had 2 vendors for motors and this newer one is from the 2nd vendor. I'm not concerned about the tail motor, mine works very well.

Hopefully some swashes come in soon, now Align has released a metal option one as well. What happened to yours by the way can you send me a picture, maybe I can fix it so you can fly until replacements come in.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #48
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Hi Richard,
Yours is a rev A kit, it's the same batch I got.
Have a look at the plastic tail motor mount and it will have a little letter A molded on it. The landing skids are also more flexible, just try bending them and you'll see. The originals would crack. The main frame also has an A on it underneath.
The new tail motors with Align etched on them are the current ones in stock that came in on the next shipment after we both got ours. The machine itself is the same, just the tail motor is different. Not any better or worse according to all accounts I've heard, they just had 2 vendors for motors and this newer one is from the 2nd vendor. I'm not concerned about the tail motor, mine works very well.

Hopefully some swashes come in soon, now Align has released a metal option one as well. What happened to yours by the way can you send me a picture, maybe I can fix it so you can fly until replacements come in.
Ok Cool sort of a small letter A on the tail motor mount... I think..LOL

Got it up hovering and then back down and on the landing the mains touched a bath towel on the ground... in Normal mode not idle up...tore the swash ball link right out and I have not been able to find the ball....as it tor out of the swash...

So Align is releasing a metal swash ? I know Mircoheli has and maybe Lynx...
I have mine ordered ( Align Swash ) and waiting for RotorQuest to receive it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	150swash.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	230879  
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #49
snemi00
RCC Contributor

That's a real easy fix Richard!
Just get the spare parts pack, it's $7, and has a number of things in it like screws and links and all the ball ends you need.
It will thread right in, I'd use some med CA or 5 min epoxy to make sure it's secure and you're back in the air.

If you feel like the drive in, I can meet you at RQ and take care of it for you.

Santino.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #50
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
That's a real easy fix Richard!
Just get the spare parts pack, it's $7, and has a number of things in it like screws and links and all the ball ends you need.
It will thread right in, I'd use some med CA or 5 min epoxy to make sure it's secure and you're back in the air.

If you feel like the drive in, I can meet you at RQ and take care of it for you.

Santino.
Cool, because I have the spare parts pack on order ( on hold to ship with the swash and extra lipo when they come in ) .. I will give it a try .. when I get the order ...

Swash
ETA: 01/23/2014

I appreciate all the good advice and I do appreciate the great customer service @ RotorQuest.. everyone is very helpful and down to earth ...a good bunch of people for sure !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in